+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: difference between friends and lovers

difference between friends and lovers

this has always been something i've struggled with:
    i honestly don't see a difference between your friends and someone you are seeing. the only difference is the physical aspect. i love my friends, and the one guy i've fallen in love with in my life i love no differently than my friends. i don't have many friends because i am such a picky person and the ones i do have i love with all my heart. you hug and kiss your friends... shouldn't you be able to express that in every way?
    the whole relationship thing just seems like some silly convention. i'm not saying everyone should be having sex with everyone but even if it does, SHOULD it matter what you do with your friends if you really feel strongly about them as people... is there really a difference or do we just label it with one.

So you want to do all your friends?

Quote Originally Posted by alidile View Post
    i honestly don't see a difference between your friends and someone you are seeing. the only difference is the physical aspect.
    i know exactly what you mean, it is weird when you think about it. its the same kind of feeling.

but if you say it out loud your just branded 'horny'

no no emo... it's not like that... really think about it. perhaps i wasn't coherent enough?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think most people want to f*ck their friends.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

what's the real difference though?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The lack of sexual interest, I think.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

how much does sexual interest exist when you are in a lover relationship though? doesn't it just become more about the actual feelings for the person? it does for me.

Top 10 Differences between friends and lovers:

1. You don't fantasize about your friends and you certainly don't have wet dreams about them them

2. You don't get a tingling sensation rush through your body when you touch them

3. You don't plan to have kids with your friends and talk about what it's going to be like when you two have them

4. You don't assign roles in your relationship with friends and you don't have as many expectations as in a relationship

5. You don't need your parents and your friends to get on well with each other, it really doesn't matter what your parents think of them

6. You don't give pet names to their private areas

7. You get a strange feeling in your stomach about the idea of sharing the same toothbrush with a friend

8. You don't want to know results of your friends blood test or especially if you have a chance of catching Stds from them

9. It can be sexy seeing your partner bend down to reveal a little glimpse of a crack, seeing a friend's is the most repulsive thing in the world

10. And finally, you don't plan a future with your friends together.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

i would disagree on over half of those points. for example my best friend and i have been planning our future together for the last 2 years. we are moving in together and plan on if all else fails adopting some kids together, as we're both getting our tubes tied (apparenly having my ovaries removed is unethical)

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The difference between a friend and a lover?

A friend will accept you for who you are.

A lover will try to mold you into something else.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

hence, i'm constantly single haha.

anachronistic Guest
    We put our lovers on a higher level than our friends. Intimate relationships are often more personal than friendships. You're more comfortable/accepting sharing personal space with your lover than you are with a friend.

There are many distinctions between the two.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    The difference between a friend and a lover?

A friend will accept you for who you are.

A lover will try to mold you into something else.
    I like that.

Sorry, I read it all over again, and I see what you are saying, but I just can't relate. Even with the physical/sexual aspect removed, the experience is still completely different for me. I can think of tons of examples of how they're different, but I can see how you could easily define a friend the same way I would define a romantic relationship. You must put a lot of emphasis, and get a lot of enjoyment from platonic friendship... Which is admirable really. But the fun, happy feeling I get with my friends is nothing compared with the euphoria I experience when I'm with someone I love. The feeling of such extreme joy that you can't stop yourself from laughing... Wanting to literally curl up inside of them (not sexually) just so you can feel closer to them... Being able to just hear their voice, and all your worries instantly melt into nothing. I don't experience any of that while I'm hanging out with my buddies. But if you do, then more power to you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast