+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what should I do in my situation

what should I do in my situation

My girlfriend and I recently broken up after 2 months of dating. We have been friend for 12 years before we dated each other. I tried to resolve the break up but she told me to move on and there nothing to work out. I have not called her since our break up, but then she called me and told me that she just realized that she fell in love with me. I really don't know how to respond to it. I told her that I do appreciate what she had told me. However I don't want to get back right now, because I just found out that my parent are thinking of getting a divorce. Also the past with my ex girlfriend are kicking in. And I am really stressed out because I can't go back with my recent ex without thinking my other exgirlfriend. Even though my ex ex girlfriend already had a family and she lived oversea. I just went there to see her in the summer before I dated my recent girlfriend. So I can't stop thinking about her and therefore I feel guilty if I get back to my recent ex girlfriend. Beside my family issue also stressed me out.
    I sent my recent ex an email to tell her that I need time alone on my own but I did not tell her what going on. I know she loved me and I feel that I let her down. I am so confuse....Please help me out....

Thank you

Stop feeling guilty. She's the one who said that there was "nothing to work out" when you tried to halt the breakup. This is not your doing. You had the good sense to stop and take inventory of what was going on around you and what was best for you at this point in your life--and guess what--a relationship with her wasn't it.

If she truly just "fell in love with you" as she says (which I am inclined to suspect was a case of "uh-oh...I don't have a boyfriend anymore) then she will understand your time alone and be at peace with it until you get everything else in your life straight.
    There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

You don't owe her anything. It's not weird at all for you to decline to get back together with her after she jerked you around that way.

You've got a lot going on. She's a drain on your energy. I think you did exactly the right thing.
    Spammer Spanker

Thanks for all your reply...However, I feel that she is a really good girl and I do want thing to work for the 2 of us. But the only problem between us is the long distance relationship and our path of life. I have a very good paying job and she is helping out and thinking about expanding the family business. She want to take over her family business in the future. Which mean she would run the business and I can't quit my job since I just recently bought a house a new truck and my job is very critical to me right now. I was thinking about asking her out and discuss with her about this issue. Am I on the right track? Even though, I feel like this relationship is not going to work based on our current situation.