+ Follow This Topic

Thread: relationship anxiety

relationship anxiety

Hi,

I'm new to this so please bear with me!

I am entering into a new relationship and at first it was great, then my anxiety kicked in. I find myself questioning everything and can't seem to let things be. I know the person likes me, he tells me all the time. I'm not letting myself believe this, which ends up creating more problems.

I really like this guy and dont want to mess things up, as my anxiety has done in the past. Am I the only one who does this?? Anyone have any advice on how to accept things and stop worrying?? I'd appreciate any help, advice, or words of encouragement.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have you been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, or is this typical insecurity?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I have anxiety and my relationship insecurities make it that much worse. I feel like I'm waiting for something bad to happen. And because of that I am causing problems.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you have an actual medical diagnosis, you should be getting some sort of medication and therapy. Are you doing that?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Not at the moment, due to lack of health insurance. Thats pretty much why I am here, looking for something that can help. I think my main axiety stems from relationship insecurities because I dont feel it any other time.

Sounds bleak. I think you're going to have to wade through your fear to the other side.

What is the worst thing that could happen in this situation? He could dump you. Give yourself five minutes to imagine what that would be like. Really get into it. Cry. Freak out. (Be alone when you do this- no need to frighten others).

Now try to understand that it's very possible that he would feel exactly the same way if you were to push him away. Don't do that to him. Don't do it to yourself.

Give yourself a few months to form the habit of trust. Oh, and go get some meds.
    Spammer Spanker

I kinda have the same problem Emitch! I could become really anxious sometimes, and think bad.

But it's true what Giga said, the worst thing that could happen is a breakup, and that's where my God comes in and my anxiety stops.How? u may ask...Because I trust not me or my partner, I trust HIM, and If he thinks something it's not right for me, he'll find a way to tell me and lead me to something better!

Anxiety can be really tricky sometimes, but the key is to stop thinking about the future & think about what's happening NOW! Enjoy what's offered to u 2day! For the future is a mystery!
    God never closes a door without opening another one!

Anxiety can be a bitch. Aside from medication, I would suggest something simple to get you through it on a day to day basis. Ask your boyfriend to write down a little note for you, saying everything you need to be reassured of. (I love you, I always will, nothing will ever change that, etc.) Then you can keep it in your pocket, and take it out and read it when you need some reassurance to help get you through.

If you really love him then you won't let anxiety get in the way of love.