+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A successful date . . .

A successful date . . .

Noticed a bunch of posts asking 'where to go on a second date' or along those lines. Here's my idea of what would make a successful date (and we'll see who agrees/disagrees). Makes a good topic for discussion anyway......I put it somewhere else, but upon a little nudge from a fellow poster, I decided to make a whole 'nother post. Strictly for discussion on what's considered a good date or not (not asking advice on what I should do, but rather what you think is a good date or not.)
    It's nice to do something completely new. Something that's never been done on a date before. Often this can be such a simpe task, and often it's a bit of a wierd one.

My ex and I still date each other (long story), but last Sunday I brought her to a store that sold frozen foods and we picked out dinner together. So we kinda went shopping and then "reheated" the precooked food for dinner. A little wierd, but definitely something fun and memorable.

Next time maybe it'll be a hike in the woods. Or horseback riding (if it's warm enough), or sometimes something good and traditional like mini-golf. Just do something interesting. And if you do something new or exciting enough to stick in their heads, then BRAVO! for you!

Alexi

PS - Dating tip, always leave them happy. Especially before you guys are in a relationship, you want to say goodnight at some point in the night when she's really smiling and almost wishes that it didn't have to end right then. Cause that leaves them associating "being with you" and "happiness/laughter". And they remember you as a POSITIVE thing.

So it's probably not a good idea to take her to a movie like, "A Walk To Remember" and then say goodnight directly afterwards. A better choice would be to take them to, well, something more along the lines of a "Happy Puppy Petting Zoo" and then say goodnight.

Thats EXACTLY how it should be my man!!!!

Doesnt always have to be that way...but its nice to have variety...

little things little suprises and it keeps the other person guessing...and shows the effort and that you care.

Thank you for posting this...

everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Ha. I just realized I haven't had this question for the last three years.

I agree with you to some extent... I think a successful date is different for everyone ... personally.. I would love to go out to the desert and drive around and maybe even camp for the night .. watch the stars .. talk about life.. no phones... no TV .. no movies... just sort of watch the "life" channel, ya know?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Originally posted by IceQueen
    Ha. I just realized I haven't had this question for the last three years.
    just imagine not being with someone and see if you have this question. girls have it easy...easiER...
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

an idea that HE comes up with is great!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.