+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I beat being Indecisive?

How do I beat being Indecisive?

So far in my life I have realized I am a extremely indecisive alot of the time and about everything too.

From choosing what I want at McDonalds to the situation I got myself in now.

Nothing too horribly serious but I am lacking in the understanding of the direction I need to go.

Angela and I finally broke up for good a while back now. Its been almost 2 months! i think.. Anyways, I've been doing ALOT better since I have been single.

I haven't been single in forever it seems and its weird but I kinda like it lol. I'm not a whore but who knows what the future holds... JK

ANYWAYS, I met this great girl. She is 18, her name is Jamie and she has the purest heart I have ever seen in another person. She has had a excessively tough life for some reason and still is struggling with it daily.

She REALLY likes me alot and wants to date but honestly I just don't know if I should or not. A part of me wants to be single and simply take it easy for a while because I am actually extremely discourged with girls and relationships right now.

But another part of me is saying "Zach ur a IDIOT! This girl is the real deal! Don't pass this up or you will seriously regret it later."

But I also don't want to lead her on anymore and find out that I have to break her heart because I worry that I won't be brave enough to do it again.

Yeah... We almost dated before but I thought she was too young and after being scorched by Ann I had decided not to date High School Girls anymore!!!

But gosh I really am completely confused about what I need to do or what I should do.

To stay single, or not to stay single! That tis teh Q!

Anyone got anythoughts?

ps- I think my natural tendencies is to stay single but everytime I think about passing up a great girl I get sick to my stomach with regret. :\
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Isn't it possible to merely "date" each other and spend more time getting to know each other without having to devote yourself to being mutally exclusive just yet? That would certainly ease you into a relationship, if it comes to that.
    There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

Well we have been dating and have already kissed >.< We hang out sometimes and talk everyday but I can tell she is already very attached and will be heartbroken as it is if I pulled out now.

I talked to her about everything and she understands and is being very calm about it which is making things alot easier but I still can't seems to decide one way or another :\
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    So far in my life I have realized I am a extremely indecisive alot of the time and about everything too.

From choosing what I want at McDonalds to the situation I got myself in now.
    That's half your problem, right there. Stop eating clown food. Your brain will work better.

Zach, you're a romantic fool. (I am too, so I can say that.) There's nothing wrong with that, but you tend to over-commit. You need to teach yourself how to step gently into the pool of love rather than doing a cannonball.

Taking Jamie along on this journey of self-discovery might be unfair, though. The whole "I've been damaged by my recent experiences" thing is something a lot of girls will go for because they expect it to turn into "You've healed my shattered heart, I love you forever". I think you're already setting her up for that extreme, turn up the volume kind of relationship that just kicked your ass two times in a row.

Practice some reservation with her. She doesn't need to know every little thing. Date her. Kiss her. Just don't let her into your heart's inner sanctum just yet.

And no, she is NOT the most purhearted person you have ever encountered.

I am.
    Spammer Spanker

You are Giga. You are definitely one of the best people I have known and I have never met you.

Thank you

Hi Zach I got a question for you. Where did you meet so many girls? How do you get these girls interested in you? You want to be single? Maybe you and I should switch lives :p

stay single are you crazy!?! how old are you 20? do you really want someone calling you interrupting halo3?!? or having to cut your friend time in half? getting made to watch the Hills?!? i could seriously continue this list forever... point being... you're young... go to college parties make out with random girls and wrap your tool... meeting the 'one' isn't likely at that age or this time... go have fun while you are on a roll or you'll kick yourself when she's PMSing

I told her I wasn't ready for a serious relationship. Maybe later when i know for sure because the simple fact that I'm not sure makes me want to just remain single. I feel like I should be overwhelmingly sure of the girl I am with. My mother says it takes time for feelings to develop but I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle here.

I just don't feel much of anything anymore. and I really kinda don't like it either.