View Poll Results: Have you ever pretended to be drunk?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

11 45.83%
  • No.

13 54.17%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you pretend to be drunk?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    MissSleepy, I am not a big fan of beer, to be honest, but I do know that America has many great microbreweries. In fact, they are amongst the best in the world. Belgium apparently makes good beer, too. Australia isn't even in the top 50.

[url]http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/24/pf/goodlife/best_beer/index.htm[/url]
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Heineken FTW!

anachronistic Guest
    Nothing better than good ol' German brew.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    I'm just wondering, do people actually like you in real life?

Ta'.
    Yeah, apparently they do, but what's YOUR issue? Do you personally brew American beer or something?

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    perhaps. but australian wine SUCKS. with a capital SUCKS.
    Well that's the first I've heard of that. Some of our vineyards supposedly produce some of the best wine in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    MissSleepy, I am not a big fan of beer, to be honest, but I do know that America has many great microbreweries. In fact, they are amongst the best in the world. Belgium apparently makes good beer, too. Australia isn't even in the top 50.

[url]http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/24/pf/goodlife/best_beer/index.htm[/url]
    I was talking about the strength, not the actual quality, and that's not to say that America hasn't got some strong beer. I don't know how far up or down the scale Australia is in beer, I never said we have the BEST beer.

A lot of American people who come here for a holiday get badly drunk off the beer much quicker because they're not used to the strength.

And jees, I'm not slandering America here for pete's sake or the taste of their beer, stop taking things so personally.

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    Well that's the first I've heard of that. Some of our vineyards supposedly produce some of the best wine in the world.

I was talking about the strength, not the actual quality, and that's not to say that America hasn't got some strong beer. I don't know how far up or down the scale Australia is in beer, I never said we have the BEST beer.

A lot of American people who come here for a holiday get badly drunk off the beer much quicker because they're not used to the strength.

And jees, I'm not slandering America here for pete's sake or the taste of their beer, stop taking things so personally.
    Then learn how to word your posts better, then you wouldn't run into these problems.

beer, it's the best thing after a hard day of work

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    Then learn how to word your posts better, then you wouldn't run into these problems.
    You have the problem with it, not me. If you get offended by something so impersonal ... well... *shrug*. I'm not going to sugar-coat my words, "Dishwater" was used as a term of expression ("really weak" wouldn't have the same impact now would it?) and the use of "American" labels what I'm talking about, it's not the REASON. Frankly, implying that you find it hard to believe people like me in person because of such a statement is more offensive ... but whatever.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    American beer, just like American coffee, is generally weaker than other beers or coffees. When we offered my Italian relatives some coffee and got out the coffee mugs they said "What!! Are you trying to kill us!?" They are used to espresso and thought we were going to fill up a coffee mug with espresso

But all beer is weak, American or otherwise. If you want to get drunk there is 151. That is why it exists, to get drunk efficiently

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    American beer, just like American coffee, is generally weaker than other beers or coffees. When we offered my Italian relatives some coffee and got out the coffee mugs they said "What!! Are you trying to kill us!?" They are used to espresso and thought we were going to fill up a coffee mug with espresso

But all beer is weak, American or otherwise. If you want to get drunk there is 151. That is why it exists, to get drunk efficiently
    I enjoy our weaker coffee, what we lack in strength, we often make up for in volume.

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post

i would attribute that to several other things, including people drinking faster and with more fervor because they are on vacation. that's just one of the explainations i could come up with for that.

we are exposed to beer from all over the world of all different strengths.

ps: australian wine being totally gross is my personal opinion. there are very popular wineries everywhere.
    Last edited by misombra; 26-12-07 at 08:35 PM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Heinekin is the only American beer I've ever drunk, and that's alright, but yeah, a bit weak for my tastes. Aussie beer is pretty good, but I have to admit I prefer a whole lot of beers from Japan, Italy, Thailand and Germany before any of the Aussie stuff. English beer is bloody awful.

i :heart: mexican beer. negra modelo yummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Like Corona? I hate that stuff - it's so weak and watery it makes me feel sick after a few sips. That's a personal opinion though, I know lots of aussies who froth over it.

i love corona with a ton of lime and some salt. yum.

i think countries that have warmer temperatures have lighter beer. thick beer just doesn't do well with hot weather. there's nothing like a limey, salty corona on a hot sunny day. and on colder days a thick pilsner or stout is so yummy and nice.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast