+ Follow This Topic

Thread: interesting love life

interesting love life

Hey everyone, my name's Justin. I'm 18 years old and a high school senior. I been in a pretty serious relationship for 9 months now. I hadn't really expected or planned on it becoming this serious but now I can definitely see a life long committment. However, there are quite a bit of oddities/complacations/nuances/whatever-you-want-to-call-em in the relationship. If anyone has any particular interest in my story of young love please let me know and I'll fill in you in further. Hopefully some of you can give me some good advice. And I'll do my best to help all of you if I can.

~justin

what's the story dude? fill us in.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

yup... fill me in... ROFL..
    seriously.. tell me your story
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

sorry...

Hey everyone! Just wanted to apologize for not posting my story on here yet. It's been an extremely hectic week and I just haven't had time. I can almost guarantee that I'll put it on tonight. Sorry abouit the wait.

~Justin

yea youve gotta share these things man...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    anticipation is only half the fun... the rest is actually released when you finally arrive there. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

the story

Ok, here's the story for all of you. I'll try to put in all the important info without making this too long.

It started at the end of June last year. While I was working at the little amusement park I work at two girls came in to ride. Turns out both of them worked there, too. I had seen both of them at an employee meeting before and was kind of interested, but I hadn't had a chance to talk to them. The one girl, Brittany, had a crush on my coworker Bryan, so she asked for his AOL screenname. To be nice they asked for mine, too. I talked to the other girl, Brooke, online the following week and we decided that the four of us should go out sometime. That Sunday they all had off and wanted to go to a movie but I had to work from 6 to close. They wanted me to call in sick but I wasn't so sure. Long story short, the place was dead that night and I convinced my manager to let me leave at 7. Ever since then Brooke and I have been together. Now, that's just some background info, it gets better.

Now, I was 17 at the time and assumed that Brooke was either 16 or 17. Come to find out she was only 14 Even my boss said he thought she was older b/c she acted so mature and stuff. That's the first hurdle we've been dealing with, the age difference. People always make comments about it. You can imagine her parents reaction when they found out I was 18. Though they have come around it's been a battle. They monitor everything we do so we have to go to my house if we every want to be alone.

Another problem created by the age difference is our future. I'm going to college nearly 2 hours away next year and she'll only be a sophmore.

And to make things really weird, we go to different schools in different towns. Now, it's only 10 minutes apart but I' m the only one that can drive so that makes it interesting. Oh yea, did I say that her school and my school are bitter rivals? So that makes for some harrassing from my friends, her friends, family, just about everyone.

Hope you enjoyed reading about my life. If there's anything else you want to know or any advice you'd like to give please feel free. Maybe this isn't all that interesting to everyone else but you have to put yourself in my situation. Seeing her only once a week and dealing with all these factors sure gets tough. Thankfully we are both really open with each other and are willing to work at the relationship. Hopefully our parents, friends, and everyone else will see past the differences and support us. Only time will tell, but time really knows how to drag its feet.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well i'm guessing your last name is fett. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    First off, welcome.

Secondly, wow. When I was in high school I had a bf who was less than one year older than me (and this was a serious thing - lasted 5 yrs') and the age difference THEN was weird enough. When my bf went to college, I felt like a baby.

You are talking about lifelong commitments already? Its called first love, not to knock it , or your experience, but take it slow. She is just a kid, after all, no matter how mature she seems.

Bluesumme, I completely understand what you're saying. We're not really planning on a lifelong committement, it's more of a "you never know" situation. We're both really enjoying what we have and are optimistic about the future. I know there's so many things out of control that will happen and the odds are probably against us. But the chances that this could last aren't that bad. Besides, and I think everyone will agree, what's the point of a being in a relationship you're expecting to end? That would be a total waste of time and emotion. And, if this does end, I'll be able to look back on this time as a great experience. Plus, I'll have a very close, life long friend.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ok, that makes more sense.