+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How should I define this relationship?

How should I define this relationship?

Hi all,
    This is my first time here.

I met this guy about two and a half months ago. I know he is the one that I have wanted to be with. I never felt in this way with other guys. He is a bit shy, but we do have very good conversations and laughs when we are together, and I love those very much. We started sleeping together about one and a half month ago and he is the best ever in this field, too. But we have never talked about our relationship, and he tells his friends that I am his friend. Recently, he is occupied with some problems and also he has become busy with his family. I haven’t seen him since last Friday and yesterday he said he was not sure if he could meet me until January comes. He said now his friend was visiting him and he had to stay with the friend almost all the time. I have no idea what kind of friend this friend is. Since he seems to think I am his friend, I don’t want to be too intrusive. So I can't call him even when I disparately want to hear his voice. He said, “keep in touch,” so it seems he is planning to see me again.
    Thanks.

I know it's not fun, but truthfully it's pretty hard to know if he's being honest with you or not. Just from my experience, I would guess he's got something else going on whether it's another woman or you just aren't a priority right now. Whatever it is.... if it's meant to be it will happen. Don't invest your heart and soul because it's incredibly obvious that his isn't invested. You know what they say....don't make someone your priority while you remain their option.

what a dick. I hate him and I dont even know him. Guys pull this bs. They would rather beat around the bush then say theyre not interested. Try this: dont call him or "keep in touch with him" at ALL and see how long it takes him to get back to you. If he is interested then he will try to speak with you and make a date within the next two or so days. He sounds like a dud to me though. In the back of your head you know you deserve better, otherwise you wouldnt be here. Theres a book called "He's just not that into you" and its really funny and helpful. I sound like a broken record talking about it on this forum but i just think all girls should read it bad relationship or not it gives you confidence to recognize and not put up with this crap. Remember you are treated like you let people treat you.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    what a dick. I hate him and I dont even know him. Guys pull this bs. They would rather beat around the bush then say theyre not interested. Try this: dont call him or "keep in touch with him" at ALL and see how long it takes him to get back to you. If he is interested then he will try to speak with you and make a date within the next two or so days. He sounds like a dud to me though. In the back of your head you know you deserve better, otherwise you wouldnt be here. Theres a book called "He's just not that into you" and its really funny and helpful. I sound like a broken record talking about it on this forum but i just think all girls should read it bad relationship or not it gives you confidence to recognize and not put up with this crap. Remember you are treated like you let people treat you.
    You have bitterness issues.

Yes, this guy is probably playing her. But this "all guys do x" mindset needs to stop if you want to be happy.

I appreciate all your advice. I think I now begin to understand what has been happening. I was interpreting everything in a positive way. I decided to break up with him (actually, I can't even break up with him because we are not in a relationship that is entitled to be.) Well, I will not see him anymore. I can't thank you more. I will not waste my mind and time now on as I did this past week.

that is the wisest decision.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

The "keep in touch" thing pissed me off too.

Even if he's not involved with anyone else, he's not really involved with you either. I'd define it as "casual", and that sucks.
    Spammer Spanker

keep in touch = i'll get to you whenever i feel like it.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.