+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A cure for depression?

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    Come on now, don't make me chuckle.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    Such knowledge. Such verve. Kiechi, I expect a lot out of you... like a cure for cancer.

Avoid chocolate, tea, pop and milk. Drink plenty of water. Take vitamins, I suggest Dr Ben Kim's natural source vitamins. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Stay away from sugar and booze it will just make you more depressed. Get plenty of sun exposure.

Go to this site and follow directions, make sure to also request free healing [url]http://www.freehealing.com/illness/drugadd.html[/url].
    This is spiritual healing and it's free. The healing should help with depression. Just check it out I have been using it and it helps me with my depression.

My mom takes a heapload of pills ever since my brother passed away, and shes still a bloody mess. All she ever got from them was a dependency.

I went to a psychiatrist for 3 months, that helped a lot. But as far as pills are concerned; sure I love me some Xanax, but not because of its depression-curbing capabilities.
    "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."

I find when I depressed I like to dabble in it by listening to very bad music and depressing thoughts. Then sometimes I feel like breaking down. Weird eh?

I'd like to mention that Mishanya's posts in this thread were extremely helpful.

I've been in therapy for years, trying to deal with a crappy childhood and free myself from a lot of negative patterns I inherited from my low-functioning family. While I can say it's been productive in some ways, it's also been at an incredible cost. As I found myself making positive changes, I also felt myself slipping into a really scary depression, which lasted for a long time.

I've recently made quite a lot of progress in that area simply by recognizing that the amount of time and energy I spend dredging up the past and examining it has to be limited or it turns into a depressive cycle, spiraling downward.

Surprisingly, my therapist isn't quite on board with this. She thinks I'm trying to avoid dealing with issues. I've tried to explain that I'm trying to avoid dwelling on issues, and that there's a huge difference.

Anyway, just wanted to thank Mish for the help.
    Spammer Spanker

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    As I found myself making positive changes, I also felt myself slipping into a really scary depression, which lasted for a long time.
    I'm glad you managed to make changes for the better. And remember you can talk to your LF friends whenever you need

Does anyone sometimes feel depressed when a film ends? Like, I find the ending of Masters of the universe very depressing.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I find the ending of Masters of the universe very depressing.
    Holy shit I haven't seen that movie in ages!!

But no, I actually feel very refreshed after watching a movie. I spent a lot of money on movies when I was depressed because I would watch them before I went to bed so I wasn't having negative thoughts before sleep.

But I guess it depends on the movie. Try comedies or something. Buy a few volumes of Family Guy for instance

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I'm glad you managed to make changes for the better. And remember you can talk to your LF friends whenever you need
    Thanks, DM!

Does anyone sometimes feel depressed when a film ends? Like, I find the ending of Masters of the universe very depressing.
    I think you're left with yourself at the end of a film, and sometimes that's not the company you desire. I feel that way more when I get to the end of a good book. Suddenly, the fantasy world ejects me out the back door, and I'm left with stinky old reality again.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is really weird. I thought people felt better after watching movies

anachronistic Guest
    Yeah, almost every movie I've watched.

anachronistic Guest
    I'd like to mention that Mishanya's posts in this thread were extremely helpful.

I've been in therapy for years, trying to deal with a crappy childhood and free myself from a lot of negative patterns I inherited from my low-functioning family. While I can say it's been productive in some ways, it's also been at an incredible cost. As I found myself making positive changes, I also felt myself slipping into a really scary depression, which lasted for a long time.

I've recently made quite a lot of progress in that area simply by recognizing that the amount of time and energy I spend dredging up the past and examining it has to be limited or it turns into a depressive cycle, spiraling downward.

Surprisingly, my therapist isn't quite on board with this. She thinks I'm trying to avoid dealing with issues. I've tried to explain that I'm trying to avoid dwelling on issues, and that there's a huge difference.

Anyway, just wanted to thank Mish for the help.
    I saw a therapist for 2 years after I broke up with a girl I was with for 3 years. The goal was to get me detached from her. When I noticed that he wouldn't be able to help me get over her, I started digging up the past during my visits with him. It is very difficult for me to bring up those suppressed feelings, and it was for no effort. I think in the end I was just embarrassing myself, because I still have that angst and those insecurities.

I've begun to realize that those things are a vital part of my personality, so I don't shun them as much as I once did. I've began to realize that it's not what prevents me from living a happy life, but rather gives me the wisdom to push me to work for a happy life. I don't see any more therapists, I've found that writing about it is better.

The point is that, sometimes, it might take something else to help you. Therapists work for a lot of people, but the rest of us need to find our answers on our own.

Giga --- That's exactly it. Escapism, what a bastard.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You have, of course, noted the very direct connection b/t your dwelling on issues and her paycheque? Or is that what Mish was saying?

I've often thought that lawyers and therapists should be paid in reverse. Meaning we pay them a large sum of money, that they get to keep more of, the better they do their job & the LESS we need to make use of them for.

Just a thought.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast