+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: A cure for depression?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am saying it is in the brain AND environment and "Go **** yourself we all have problems" is the answer. It is not ignorant, psychology has been trying to cure everything...soon .. the pill to get rid of happiness and make your penis larger will be out. You can f*ck your wife and not care all at the same time!. yeay.
    OV, these types of posts are brilliant & I very much enjoy reading them, thanks.

I also agree that 'modern medicine' has a lot to answer for. Are you aware, for instance, that 'emergency' caesarian sections has increased FIVE FOLD in 'developed' nations over the last 30 years? Somehow, I find it hard to imagine these numbers being tolerated by biology (where these births would end in death) if humans were somehow required to give birth in the hospital-free bush.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

I also agree that 'modern medicine' has a lot to answer for. Are you aware, for instance, that 'emergency' caesarian sections has increased FIVE FOLD in 'developed' nations over the last 30 years? Somehow, I find it hard to imagine these numbers being tolerated by biology (where these births would end in death) if humans were somehow required to give birth in the hospital-free bush.
    cesarean sections have increased drastically but I can't imagine the impact of the change at all. Maybe good or bad, I am glad it isn't up to me to decide those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    Does anyone sometimes feel depressed when a film ends? Like, I find the ending of Masters of the universe very depressing.
    Easy, carry a bucket of pills with you. Two by mouth every time a movie ends...problem solved.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 09-01-08 at 05:26 AM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    cesarean sections have increased drastically but I can't imagine the impact of the change at all. Maybe good or bad, I am glad it isn't up to me to decide those things.

Easy, carry a bucket of pills with you. Two by mouth every time a movie ends...problem solved.
    I don't take pills. I'm afraid I'd get addicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    I don't take pills. I'm afraid I'd get addicted.
    Good, I was being sarcastic.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The impact is solely a human-created financial one. My point, which I wasn't clear on, is that there is no way that biological conditions justify such an increase over such a short period of time. Iatrogenic.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thank god for cesarean births. Vaginal births are for savages and animals.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Artificial wombs.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    The impact is solely a human-created financial one. My point, which I wasn't clear on, is that there is no way that biological conditions justify such an increase over such a short period of time. Iatrogenic.
    Increase in what? the procedure? Honestly, I don't understand the harm.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Increase in what? the procedure? Honestly, I don't understand the harm.
    Increase in the number of caesarian sections. It used to be a procedure that was reserved for emergencies only. Not so anymore. Supporters will argue that the increase is only due to better detection of 'dangerous pregnancies', however, anyone who understands genetics knows that 30 years isn't near long enough to cause that much change in human female physiology. Its another example of non-essential use of medicine much like the drugs that are overprescribed for 'depression' as you mentioned earlier.

As to harm, none biologically, not on an evolution scale anyway. But a huge waste of resources financially.

sunshine and light exercise works. Avoid watching too much tv or internet it causes chemcial imbalance for some reason. Avoid processed foods especially high fat and sugar foods and drinks.
    Eat plenty of vegetables and some fruits, your body is lacking in certain vitamins. Learn to meditate, it doesn't work in the long run. I practice falun gong and I get good results so far.

I just feel I haven't accomplished anything. I have no past. If I erase the thought that I have no past, then what is left? Every opportunity I have had, has turned up on me. Oh I have worked, but I have always ended up alone in my work and it becomes pointless.

Meditate? How does one do something like that? I have tried, I have seen life from another angle, been real, and I am still here stuck in this life. Horizontal falling and my head is feeling like it wants to explode right now. God damn headaches.
    Don't expect anything.

Boobaa, how much of this could be physical? Sometimes you can get stuck in a downward spiral simply because you aren't taking care of yourself. I know I had a problem with feeling crappy so I didn't eat, which made things much worse, etc. etc.

Do you have a full-spectrum light? You'd be amazed at how something as simple as that can help so much.

And what is this "I have no past" thing? That doesn't make any sense, and I'd like to understand it, so could you explain that?
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you need to get outside your own head for a while booba. Try something distracting. You are wallowing in depression, it seems. Get some vigorous exercise and some light therapy, eat a healty meal...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I ate yesterday and threw it all up just after I had finished... I actually want to eat but cant much.
    I mean all my life has been same old routine.. people come and go, no memories of anything really good. Nothing at all.
    Don't expect anything.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We all create our own memories. With this in mind, what can you do differently to improve the quality of your memories?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast