+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: A cure for depression?

Maybe you are trying to force yourself to change your life by making yourself miserable. You sound like you're in a terrible rut.

If your life sucks that bad, you should end it. I don't mean kill yourself, I mean get a different life.

What do you have the power to change?
    Spammer Spanker

Tedel Guest
    mm... Booba, I haven't read all this thread through, but I paid attention to your posts, anyway. Let's see if this can help you, OK?

First of all, Estonia is way north in the globe. So, I have a question: Do you have normal day and nights over there? Is your country usually affected by long days and nights like the ones in the north pole? In many occasions (and I read a Finnish report about it) the weather itself can be destroying your will of feeling fine. In the same fashion, take a look at your house; maybe a change of colours can help you a lot. Try painting your house with a warm, lively, "tropical" paint, like reddish-orange or a shade of yellow and you might see some changes soon.

Second, why don't you try less individual exercising or sports? Tae Kwon do requires at least two people, basketball requires 10, etc. That will help you a lot more than just cycling or lifting weights at your own home, as you will just HAVE to socialize to play well.

Eat lighter meals. After eating your body uses a lot of energy processing your food, so just give it less job.

Can't think of many more options now, but take those ideas for a start and let me know if that helps, OK?

Weather is like shit, yes. Dirt, rain, grayness and shit everywhere, you slip and fall into a pile of shit very easily. I live in a typical east-europe styled five floored panel building and here isn't very much to paint... I better paint pictures, lol, which I like.

I should get myself a physical job of some sorts. But damn, I just can't force myself enough to find one. Social sports is a good idea, I used to play tennis, when I was a kid... But I am not very much into basketball... So, yeah, I should change my habits, but I just can't force myself.
    Last edited by boobaa; 09-02-08 at 03:46 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Tedel Guest
    Well, good luck finding a social sport that suits you. The olympic games will sure be an inspiration, but, in the meantime, maybe you could join a club/gym/whatever you can meet some new people.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Boobaa you should seriously consider moving to a better climate. As much as I love winter for skiing, I HATE cloudiness and short days and it definitely affects mood. If winter was sunnier it would be better but it isn't.

Have you ever been to a place with a better climate or tropical climate? If you haven't and you can afford to visit one sometime and see how you like it, try it. I can almost guarantee you can find a southern climate you would like more. Not all tropical climates are hot, some are just warm. You might want to look into moving to a nicer climate like that someday so you don't live your whole life in a country with shitty weather. I plan on moving to Florida when I'm done with college because I love the weather so much. So think longterm.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Only someone who came from the snow could possibly think Florida weather is great. It is extremely humid. It feels like a big, sweaty armpit.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Haha hell yeah it's humid! I like humid heat more than dry heat. It does a better job of keeping it real

The only times I've been to Florida actually have been the summer

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like Florida in the fall, winter, and spring.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Later winter and early spring would my ideal time to go because the weather here is lousy and I want to see some sun. Damn I hate February. The first and worst time I had a major depressive crash was in early February

if you live in estonia or a northern country it could easily be seasonal affective disorder (SAD ironcially enough). Sounds somewhat sketchy but it does exist and it is very real.

Weed does the job... for awhile. Think it's time to chat to Vashti in PM's. Send me a PM when you read this Vash.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    I've been constantly wondering, if there is a cure for thing called depression?

But on a serious note

[url]http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk/Understanding_Depression/understanding.htm[/url]

This has a lot of valuable information on Depression
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Tedel Guest
    err... and tickling?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    Weed does the job... for awhile. Think it's time to chat to Vashti in PM's. Send me a PM when you read this Vash.
    I don't like smoke Dunno, I am very potential smoker, but I just can't stand breathing it into my lungs. other people smoking is ok though...

But, if things go well, hopefully i am getting my hands on LSD soon. Anyone tryed?
    Don't expect anything.

Don't do that, boobaa. You'll go to the bad place if you do hallucinogens in your current condition. I have a lot of experience with this stuff- please believe me.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast