+ Follow This Topic

Thread: am i being overly needy?

am i being overly needy?

How can I get so many thanks for my posts, and have such a screwed up life of my own? lol

Well I’m ticked off about Christmas for 2 reasons.

First. A little before Thanksgiving, I asked my bf of 7 months what he was doing for Christmas. He said he had company staying at his house (using it as a hotel, while visiting their family in town), and he was going to an older coworker’s for dinner and to help her and her husband with some chores around the house.

Why am I ticked about this? He lives 150 miles away from me, and it’s difficult to get together, we often go 3weeks without seeing each other. We both have 2 weeks of vacation from our full time jobs during Christmas, and he made zero plans to spend any of it with me. I had to ask him if he wanted to get together. So I was there for 2 nights and had to leave before the company arrived, invited him to my place for Christmas but got turned down since he didn’t want to change his dinner plans, and I get 2 nights during New Years (of course I’m driving there).

Second. He gave me a crappy Christmas present. I don’t think it was meant for me. I just put him in a spot (I gave him a present) so he was scrambling around the house to give me something quickly.

He knows that I’ll be sitting at home alone for the holidays. My fiancé was killed in a car accident and I have no family nearby.

He does do some considerate things for me, otherwise I wouldn't be with him. But I'm starting to wonder if he just does the minimum in order to keep me around. I really don't feel very special. I realize I shouldn't compare this relationship to the one I had with my fiance, and I need to be patient to see how things grow or disolve, but I feel like I deserve more than what this man is giving me.

So does the above sound like the actions of a man who cares at all about me or am I being overly needy? I’m starting to feel like just a booty call. Also, how can I ask him without offending him, if I am just a booty call? He does call me his girlfriend and we are mutually exclusive and we usually talk every other day.

I don't think you're being too needy. I think he's failing miserably.
    Spammer Spanker

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    90% of these "Am I being needy" threads I usually tell the poster they're being silly. In your case however, I think your feelings are perfectly reasonable. I would seriously consider getting rid of him, or at the very least giving him a good talking to.