+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you think we have the potential to turn into an actual relationship?

Do you think we have the potential to turn into an actual relationship?

Dan and I have been good friends since the beginning of the school year (late August). We hang out in the same group, live 8 doors down from each other, and are really good friends.
    We both like each other as more than friends. We’ve hooked up a couple times (just making out). He’s asked me to keep our hooking up from all of our friends "for now" though. He told me back in November (after the first time we hooked up) that with friends, he will hook up with them a few times to “get to know them more” and then if he likes her, he’ll ask them out. We talk all the time, and he begs me to come to his performances, and has asked me to go to out to dinner with him, his roommate, and his roommate's friend (but it didn't work out...) We’ve hooked up three times, but now its Winter Break, so we won’t see each other for an entire month. He hasn't hooked up with any other girls while we have been hooking up.

Do you think we have the potential to turn into an actual relationship?

It depends on what you define as "an actual relationship." What you have now seems like one.

If you are speaking in terms of a boyfriend/girlfriend scenario, or a sexual relationship, then I would say there is potential.

~Sphinx

I don't understand this guy.

...that with friends, he will hook up with them a few times to “get to know them more” and then if he likes her, he’ll ask them out.

What kind of BS is that? He already knows your personality and what you look like. He can't figure out if he likes you or not from that? So he needs to continue 'hooking up' with you on the sly in order to find out if he is willing to JUST ask you out? Do you have to sleep with him before he even considers asking you out on a first date? I can understand wanting to know someone's sexual preferences prior to marriage, but prior to a first date? Total BS.

My guess is that you are about to become 'a friend with benefits'.

Quote Originally Posted by Amellaboo View Post
    he will hook up with them a few times to “get to know them more” and then if he likes her, he’ll ask them out.
    LoL, oh that is a good one. I should use that sometimes too. It is amazing that women still fall for this crap.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I should add that when I stated that the relationship has "potential," I did not mean "great potential."

As reeba mentioned, his methods aren't traditional by any means. It's also difficult to get the full scope of the situation when using "hooking up" referring to making out and it's unclear what you mean by "ask them out" as you've stated that he's invited you to performances and dinners.

Regardless, you seem to know what this guy is about. Weigh the appealing and not-so-appealing and make a decision.

~Sphinx