+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your college GPA?

anachronistic Guest

What's your college GPA?

After my first semester in college, I have 16 credits and a 3.5 GPA on the dot.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had a 4.0 until I started the nursing program. Pharmacology did me in because my class grade at the end of the semester was 89.3%. Ah, well. I suppose it is only vanity to have cared so much.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I had a 4.0 until I started the nursing program. Pharmacology did me in because my class grade at the end of the semester was 89.3%. Ah, well. I suppose it is only vanity to have cared so much.
    Wish I had done that good. It's pretty difficult to achieve what I had. I found myself pulling allnighters a lot, but that's just because of poor time management. I know a lot of people that are dropping out. A few of them are headed to the army. Others, don't know where they're headed. Those are the people that got into serious relationships, or skipped class because they were hung over from last night's party.

If my roommate wasn't such an asshole, I think it would be easier to study for me. Can't change roommates though until Fall, atleast unless he does something reasonable like threaten. My friend next door, who is going for premed seems to make a decent roommate, his roommate is a bit noisy and obnoxious too, while he'd rather be studying.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 24-12-07 at 07:20 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't believe in all-nighters. anyway, a 3.5 is very respectable. What courses did you have?

Lilwing - when you live in the dorms, it is pretty much impossible to expect any studying to be done in your room. I would become a regular at the library if I were you. You can build it into a regular part of your schedule, and it will help to keep you from procrastinating. For example, if you have all your classes M/W/F, plan to study in the library on T/Th, from 9 am - 4 pm (just an example).
    Last edited by vashti; 24-12-07 at 07:25 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    Drawing I (art)
    Design I (art)
    English Composition (basically, writing essays nonstop_
    Art History I (the most boring class I had)
    Art Seminar (it was only 1 credit, just debating the topic of art)
    Psychology 101, which was pretty interesting, and the tests were pretty hard.

Next semester I will have:

Design II
    Drawing II
    Math 102
    British Literature (English 210)
    German II (I could go into German IV I guess, however I told the professor that I'd rather go into II because there is probably a few things I missed here and there because I've learned outside of school)

It still accounts for 16 credits. I decided to stick with the foundational art classes because there are several things one learns in them that I don't know how to do. For example, in Drawing I I learned how to draw with charcoal, and in Design I I learned a lot about the traditional mediums of black and white and I have become accustomed to monochromatic and whatnot. In drawing II and Design II I will be learning things such as the color theory and typography. I'm already excited! Woot!

Also, I am going to take Art History II over summer. The instructor's monotone voice lulls me to sleep every time. I think if I have all this freetime to study it on my own and take the quizzes and tests online, I will be better off.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 24-12-07 at 07:32 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I suggest you be sure to take at least one "hard" class at least per semester. Nothing sucks worse than having to take chemistry, math, and biology all in the same semester.

BTW - I loved Brit Lit when I took it. I hope you have a great instructor.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Nothing sucks worse than having to take chemistry, math, and biology all in the same semester.
    That's all I'm ever going to take

I took bio, chem, math, and a writing seminar first semester and got a 3.6 GPA at Cornell. I got an A in math and chem, and they give out A's like they are the winning lotto ticket. People here appreciate the value of a hard-earned C

But I'm on track for med school, because kids coming out of Cornell with a 3.4 GPA or higher statistically get into med school like 85% - 90% of the time. I'm assuming the rest who had the grades just took easy classes

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I admire people who enjoy math and sciences. I know it isn't politically correct to say they are harder than english, art, history, but they sure were for me. I did feel like my anatomy professor was an easy grader, though.

anachronistic Guest
    I realized in midterm that it is easier to study in the library. Thanks for the tip!

I find math pretty easy, and several of the sciences, but the intro biology classes are usually pretty boring for me. I like the earth sciences, and astronomy though. In fact I am doing some personal research on Mars right now. Math, I don't have any difficulty with. But Math 102 is the only class I need for my degrees, no point in taking others unless I want to learn something.

I hope I have a great instructor in Lit too. My Brit Lit in high school sucked ass, but the teacher was really bad and that's probably why.

my gpa was nice and high until i took biology. i failed it.

in class i was picking up on things and knew what was going on, then the test came and it was as if i was taking an exam for another class i've never heard of.

i tried taking it again but was in danger of failing again. plus i HATED the labs. ta's you know. they suck.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    had a 3.64 ... now I'm at a 3.60 with 2 more grades to be posted ... headin' into senior status .. yeah yeah!
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    had a 3.64 ... now I'm at a 3.60 with 2 more grades to be posted ... headin' into senior status .. yeah yeah!
    Congratulations!

Recurring.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've got a 3.8.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post

Recurring.
    What is the maximum in the UK?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast