+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does being high...

Erowid might help you out.

[url]http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp_list.shtml[/url]
    Don't expect anything.

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensetive View Post
    Does anyone know if being high gives you access to your subconscious mind? like being hypnotized does? thanks
    Free advice: Don't try to find out an answer to that question. Real or not, that just sounds like a lame attempt to try to make you do drugs.

Are we forgetting Francis Crick, Nobel Prize winner and founder of the Double Helix DNA structure... who was adamant that he would have never been able to do it if he wasn't tripping his face off?
    "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoodleMan View Post
    Are we forgetting Francis Crick, Nobel Prize winner and founder of the Double Helix DNA structure... who was adamant that he would have never been able to do it if he wasn't tripping his face off?
    From what I hear Watson* is also a douchebag, my best friend at college was a lab bitch for like 2 years at Cold Spring Harbor Lab and couldn't stand him. He thinks he's smarter than everyone and because he already made a contribution he's entitled to something. Not only that, he took a lot of work from Rosalind Franklin and never gave her ANY credit. He also enjoys being racist.

But the point is that they both stole work from other people
    Last edited by DoesntMatter; 04-01-08 at 05:54 AM.

Today I got high and walked around a duck pond, lending surrealist voices to the talking trashcans by the waterfall.

rather than make you go into another subconscious what it really does is just limit your consciousness. Thats it, don't believe the fake hype of drugs.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I myself partake in the pleasures of mind-altering substances on a regular basis. No I'm not some kind of addict, no I'm not dependant on anything (except the occassional caffeine booster), and no I'm not a junkie.

I've used and some might say 'abused' several things in my lifetime.

Xanax, Cannabis, Vicodin, Ritalin, Concerta, Aderol, Psychedelic Mushrooms (a real life experience for me), LSD, Cocaine, Alcohol, Salvia... Heroine.

I've been around, and as of the last few months I've only been smoking maybe a couple times a week, socially. I occassionaly trip, maybe once every couple of months now. And really, It's socially ignorant and intolerant for anyone to tell me that I'm bad, weak, or any connotations of negativity for doing what I did. Frankly people need to spend less time pointing fingers, looking for reasons to put themselves above others, or in anyway putting people down for the choices they made in their life that had no real negative effect on anyone but themselves.

If anything, I'm a better person then most for having done what I done. I as some might put it, have been to 'hell' (which I don't think is the case), and am still standing strong. I understand these drugs and what they do more then anyone who wags a finger saying 'thats bad!' and puts their bootprint on your back afterwards. People need to open their mind, everyone. And no I'm not telling people to go out and smoke weed (harmless), or go out and take 2 hits of ACID and watch the walls. People have their opinions but it's just that, opinions. People need to learn, simply put. People need to learn, to understand.

On a side note, the drug war is an utter and complete failure, it only hurts people, and wastes billions annually on a fight never to be won. On a fight based on nothing more then fear and misunderstanding; ignorance.

Think about it.
    Live for the moment.

The moment will pass, but will live forever. Create something while it lasts.

Carpe Diem

Thanks for the replies guys, the only drug i've ever tried was weed, and after researching it, it's not quite as bad as tons of people think it is, or what i used to think of it. Not that i think people should do it or anything. And about the subconciouse thing, i was just curiouse after i heard it somewhere on the net.
    Last edited by Sensetive; 07-01-08 at 10:11 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maus View Post

If anything, I'm a better person then most for having done what I done.

[...]

Think about it.

Wow, kind of arrogant, don't you think? I'm not going to villianize people who have chosen to experiment with drugs, but I am certainly not going to elevate them, either. Neither should you.

Think about it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by alidile View Post
    i've tried the complete candystore,

i will say DRUGS SAVED MY LIFE. when i did E/mdma for the first time, i had a really bad trip but it forced me to contemplate a number of things i wasn't thinking about.
    I think the only one to have ever tried the "complete candystore" would be Alexander Shulgin

I highly doubt that was MDMA you were experiencing if it was a bad "trip" you had, I don't know anyone who has had a bad "trip" from straight up molly

I would like to add to this that I strongly believe that marijuana DOES, indeed, have a marked effect, especially if used regularly over many years. The comment that it "does nothing to you" is irresponsible.

I think this effect is best described as an emotional attenuator. Smoking out dulls your mind and if you do it daily, for years, it makes it more difficult to engage with others, IMO, just like any other mind-altering substance will.

I've done plenty of drugs (though not quite as many different kinds as Maus) and I am by no means anti-drug, but I think that the general consensus that pot does nothing to you is infuriating.

I agree wholeheartedly that the War on Drugs is pointless and evil.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 08-01-08 at 02:12 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

LostNotFound Guest
    Xanax, Cannabis, Vicodin, Ritalin, Concerta, Aderol, Psychedelic Mushrooms (a real life experience for me), LSD, Cocaine, Alcohol, Salvia... Heroine.

for a minute salvia looked like saliva lol

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Wow, kind of arrogant, don't you think? I'm not going to villianize people who have chosen to experiment with drugs, but I am certainly not going to elevate them, either. Neither should you.

Think about it.
    I personally don't think so.

Most people if someone having said they smoked weed or snorted coke, will most likely turn to you with a look of disgust, shrug you off as some kind of lesser person, call you weak, or take it a step further. That's just it, that's most people. I'm not saying I'm better then them as people, I'm saying I understand better then most people. Those people draw fanatical conclusions based on fear of something they TRUELY have no concept or comprehension of; Thus the drug war we are waging now. Or should I say this government is with my tax dollars.

I did think about it.
    Live for the moment.

Carpe Diem

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, I am from California, and out here we only shrug off people who have experimented with drugs if they are somehow more enlightened than the rest of the world because they got high. I mean, we've even had presidents and presidential nominees that have gotten high. It isn't the least bit remarkable.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Well, I am from California, and out here we only shrug off people who have experimented with drugs if they are somehow more enlightened than the rest of the world because they got high. I mean, we've even had presidents and presidential nominees that have gotten high. It isn't the least bit remarkable.
    Good point. But accepting the fact other people have experimented or do drugs isn't the same as understanding why someone people made those choices, for what reasons, and the fact that they aren't automatically bad people for doing so. They can still hold themselves and most often in my experience do hold themselves above others for the choices they know or feel they know that they made in their life. There's no way to force people to accept others, and no way to make people realize that no, they AREN'T better 'just because' this or that.

I was regarding to most people, and unless there's some kind of conspiracy-type explanation for why the drug war is still going on or why this or that type of substance is still illegal, then most people do in fact hold themselves above others and in fact feel other people should be PUNISHED, sent to jail, fined, arrested etc. for the things they chose for one reason or another to put 'this' in their body.

See what I'm saying?
    Live for the moment.

Carpe Diem

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast