+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does being high...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Could be because it is illegal...

Of course, where I live, you don't spend much time (if any) for possessing drugs. You do for dealing them, though.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Where in Canada do you live

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I live in Rochester and go to Ontario a lot

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You two should get together.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Drugs are a poor choice in life, not very smart people. No wisdom what so ever.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by alidile View Post
    party party!
    I can take you out for dinner next time I'm in Toronto

Would you be up for that?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, do it! Do it!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've meet people in real life before who I previously knew online. One was with a guy who was actually in my clan and I gamed with for more than a year and finally met up with him because he only lives 20 minutes away. All you do is go to a public place like Tim Hortons and tell the person beforehand "I'm the guy in red!"

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Alidile has a phobia of public places, if I remember correctly. Come on Ali, live a little!
    Last edited by vashti; 11-01-08 at 09:46 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes I have facebook- Let's be facebook friends!

I sent you a PM with a link

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Drugs are a poor choice in life, not very smart people. No wisdom what so ever.
    A poor opinion. Nothing more. To discredit what society has labeled as 'drugs' as being nothing more or nothing less then a 'poor, terrible choice in life' is a dry, ignorant, and non-specific threat to the people that HAVE experimented and that DO socially partake in one of various mind-altering substances. I'm not saying drugs aren't dangerous, some are very dangerous, but mostly society has hyped-up drug use and it's harm. Some drugs are assassins I do have to say, but some people have tried them, done them, became addicted, quit, and are now better people because of it.

Drugs aren't 'evil.' They're misunderstood, and it's for that reason that some people judge others for having done, or for doing drugs as well as blatantly fear them without knowing much of anything at all about them. And it's also for that reason that some people think they can go 'all out' so to say and end up in a hole in the ground they can't seem to climb out of, if you know what I mean.

blah
    Live for the moment.

The moment will pass, but will live forever. Create something while it lasts.

Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I can take you out for dinner next time I'm in Toronto

Would you be up for that?
    boys, take a lesson from dm. that is how you ask a girl out!!!!!!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maus View Post
    some are very dangerous, but mostly society has hyped-up drug use and it's harm.
    People tend to base their opinions on their personal experiences. Some opponents of illegal drug use work in a hospital, and so their opinions are colored by the constant stream of addicts, their "bad trips", and their drug-seeking behaviors that have to be dealt with in a hospital environment.

Then, there are users who have yet to sink to this level (or witnessed another person do so) and so are defensive about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maus View Post
    Some drugs are assassins I do have to say, but some people have tried them, done them, became addicted, quit, and are now better people because of it.
    Better than what? Better than they were as an addict? I would certainly hope so! Don't you wonder how these "better people" might have turned out had they not wasted so much time indulging their addictions in the first place? Might they have done something more spectacular with themselves had they invested that energy into education, for example?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Many of the most profitable drugs are also the most harmful (cocaine, meth, heroin). 99% of the population shouldn't get near these drugs

My main complaint against the war on drugs is their hypocrisy. In my eyes, liquor establishments are nothing more than licensed drug dealers. I've said this many times. They know a very high portion of their clientele is buying booze so they can get drunk, feed their alcoholism, give it to minors, etc. Alcohol has a very high addiction rate too. For some reason people prefer to call it 'alcoholism', but alcoholism is JUST AS MUCH AN ADDICTION as one to other drugs. Except alcohol withdrawal can actually kill you when you stop drinking and starve your nervous system of GABA. How fun!

How many people have been killed or seriously ****ed up from DMT, 2C-B, or mescaline? HOW many people have DIED, become ADDICTED, or had irreversible nervous system damage because of ALCOHOL?

Another complaint is the demonization and smearing done by the DEA and their ridiculously overzealous, indiscriminate prosecution and violation of individual rights in this country. That, along with their overly theatrical drug lab busts where they call in HazMat teams dressed like astronauts just to scare the shit out of the ignorant public when in fact the chemicals seized are almost completely innocuous. It's such a piss off because it's blatant ignorance, especially for me (someone who likes chemistry) because they are PROMOTING misinformation and use cheap SCARE TACTICS to mold public opinion.

And then what do they do? They let the Mexican cartels haul in $10million in meth and take some nice bribes while they bust the mom-and-pops meth lab in the middle of nowhere to make it look like they are doing something. Then these Mexican druglords (who in fact bring in probably >80% of the meth in this country) make tons of money and get away with it while some hick goes to jail for the rest of his life for making drugs for himself. Real fair now, isn't it?

Ughhh... I can go on and on

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ... No one else wants to add their 2 cents?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast