+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Very Strange

Very Strange

I met this woman in 1999 at a church function. She and I hit it off almost immediately. She's very smart. I mean VERY SMART. Attractive, too. My age. Never married.

Anyway, we spent one day together in 1999 at this church function. After that, we spoke by phone on and off. Then I started dating someone and that was that.

BUT, for some reason, she calls me around the time of her birthday EVERY YEAR and/or at the holidays. I just got an email the other day. She gave me her new number and a message "Let's talk"

WTF? Is she just a lonely heart or an old maid trying to cling to the past? What?

It doesn't keep me up at night, but a woman's perspective might make things clearer. Obviously, I can't ignore her more than I already am...since I'm not the one calling or emailing...she is.

who knows?

she could just be calling to say hi or be friends. or she could want some of your love.

i realize this is a highly difficult concept for you, cam.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    who knows?

she could just be calling to say hi or be friends. or she could want some of your love.

i realize this is a highly difficult concept for you, cam.
    Highly difficult concept, yes. The idea of a woman wanting to be with me has always saddened me...sigh, the lack of self-control is, indeed, a pure disappointment. How can one be a higher being if one cannot control sexual function?

Marry New Year

...and friends, you say? Hmm. You that was one thing that I lost this year: my oldest friend....20+ years and I ended it. Kaput. Not a loss. I have my work to protect me and to pass the time. Whe working hard, one forgets that life is occurring.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    My age. Never married.

WTF? Is she just a lonely heart or an old maid trying to cling to the past?

If you ask her this, she will definitely quit calling you. BTW - do you call yourself an old maid, too?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

No, I call myself a late 30's bachelor.

She'll quit calling me when she finds someone She has in the past gone for several months without calling, which I take it to mean that she was dating. Then, when it doesn't work out, she calls me again.

I was nice to her once. I stood up for her friend who was getting abused by her boyfriend at the church function (her friend's boyfriend was cheating). Somehow, she was impressed by my kindness and she seemingly never forgot it...and it was nearly nine years ago. I remember that she talked with me for hours after I stood up for her friend. It was practically morning before we said goodbye.

I wonder if I was a different man back then. I think that I was.

Goodnight.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she is hot I would definitely call

No, I call myself a late 30's bachelor.

She'll quit calling me when she finds someone She has in the past gone for several months without calling, which I take it to mean that she was dating. Then, when it doesn't work out, she calls me again.

I was nice to her once. I stood up for her friend who was getting abused by her boyfriend at the church function (her friend's boyfriend was cheating). Somehow, she was impressed by my kindness and she seemingly never forgot it...and it was nearly nine years ago. I remember that she talked with me for hours after I stood up for her friend. It was practically morning before we said goodbye.

I wonder if I was a different man back then. I think that I was.

Goodnight.
    you were. the new you would've taken that crying bitch home and shown her the light.

anyway cam, no freakin way on this one. a woman who wants to be with you isn't just going to call you when she's alone.

but if she wants to be nice nice then that's cool, you know?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    you were. the new you would've taken that crying bitch home and shown her the light.
    Think I'd give a good rogering, huh? I don't know. If it all happened in 2007 instead of 1999....today, I don't think I would have been there to stand up for her or her friend. The "new me" would likely have left the church function early, gone back to my hotel suite, sat in the jacuzzi tub with a glass of some adult beverage. Then after the bath, I'd have shaved, brushed my teeth, and gotten into bed and watched Nick at Night. Or, I might have sat at the room desk with my wireless laptop and typed away.

Above is just the way it is when I go out of town now. I don't even go down to the hotel restaurant for meals...everything is room service. When I go out of the hotel, its all town cars with a driver.

When I knew her in 1999, Misombra, I think that I might have been more social than I am today.

2008 "me" will be a bit more socially optimistic. I'll give it a shot

2008 "me" will be a bit more socially optimistic. I'll give it a shot
    Good. I was worried about this tendency to systematically dissect and dismiss anyone who attempts contact, you Insulated Man, you.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How can one be a higher being if one cannot control sexual function?
    Lol. Higher being... what on earth does that mean, really?

Anyway, I suppose you mean sex w/o deep abiding love. I wonder tho, if you actually know what that would look like?

Cam, love is like the Rosetta Stone. Takes some digging, dude, but worth it when you find it.

PS, you are one lazy archeologist. Stop complaining about not finding it if you aren't willing to go out and look for it.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 03-01-08 at 11:49 AM.