+ Follow This Topic

Thread: give ex a second chance?

give ex a second chance?

ok, so this is kinda complicated...

i dated this guy for 6 months about a year ago. we never really had many dates, though went to prom together, and broke off due to 'scheduling conflicts', though it was probably my fault for ignoring him due to school work and sports. the feeling was mutual when we ended it and he soon dated others, including a best friend of mine, though she asked me first, and i said ok.

the guy and i are still friends. he is now in college locally and we keep in touch. we ended up at a party together a few weeks back and i thought i sensed he was still interested in me. then, through facebook, i find out he is interested in me.

now for the complicated part where my brain loses it... i have not dated since him. i worked up the courage a week or so ago to ask another guy out, but was turned down. now i find out my ex likes me again and may want to get back together.... my ex is also a friend to the guy who turned me down. idk what i should do. i like him as a friend, maybe more, though my brain is slow on those kinds of things.

on top of all that we had a discussion on writing sex scenes, so it might be that he wants me for that. i dont know. advice please?
    and on top of that i invited him to my new years party and hes coming. HELP! what do i do! its going to be really awkward at this party if i dont know what to do.

Just stay friends for now. You don't want to appear desperate having just tried dating a mutual friend. Try to focus on enjoying the party and having a good time.
    I will not post links to dating sites in my signature.

update: party went well, minus a few awkward moments. my sources tell me that he is definitely interested in getting back together, though he has not asked yet. im considering giving him a second chance now that both of us are older and more mature about relationships. though, admittedly, he is not the most physically attractive person. if i can get him a promise to get in shape, i will date him, but the issue is jhow to say that without sounding rude... FYI, im on track, so i already practice w/ the team on weekdays.