+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why does it hurt?

why does it hurt?

i'm 18 and have little knowledge about the dating world. the reason for why is because i've never been comfortable with myself to make an effort with a girl. as time passed by, so did the opportunities. i've been overweight since i was 12 but once i went away from home for college i started to lose it gradually. i returned home and was showered with compliments. i then met this girl at a neighbors party. she was funny, cute and attractive. i made an effort to talk, we got on well. but being as she's a friend of my neighbors i feel as if i haven't got a chance because they have this little clique and being that i am only the hosts neighbour, i've not a chance. the next night, i saw her again but we just didn't seem to get on at all. i don't know what to do. i'm just still not comfortable with persuiting anything and as a result i\m left with this ache in my chest and for some reason i feel weak and fed up. i just feel like crying. i sometimes just hate myself for it. i make little scenarios in my mind about things i'd like to happen. like me getting with her and me being at my personal best and acting cool. but im know its not going to happen. i take too much comfort in these illusions that i just don't make the effort in real life. (does anybody else do this?)

im going back to college for 3 months and probably wont see her until i get back. i've promised myself that i will reach my personal best, get back home, try my luck and hope for the best. i dont know what i want you guys to say. im guessing i just want to get this off my chest. i appreciated all feedback though

thanks.....
    Last edited by notreadyyet; 02-01-08 at 01:41 AM.

guesst his place isnt that usefull...

I think it hurts because everyone wants to find that person who's right for them sometime in their lives.

Most of the time people are quick to jump on young relationships and think it'll last forever. When it hardly ever does. Just remember, when the right girl comes around, you won't need to feel that pain.

Good luck in reaching your 'personal best'. I guess by this you mean going to the gym and stuff? Use the pain as motivation, it's what I've done multiple times.

yeah, physical and mentally. clean thinking space meanings clean thoughts. 3 months should be plenty of time to make a difference. especially to myself.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by notreadyyet View Post
    being as she's a friend of my neighbors i feel as if i haven't got a chance because they have this little clique and being that i am only the hosts neighbour, i've not a chance.
    ???

That is very poor logic. Many people meet through someone they know. if your neighbor likes you, they would probably put in a good word for you.

the next night, i saw her again but we just didn't seem to get on at all. i don't know what to do.
    What do you mean you didn't get on at all? Do you mean she acted like she doesn't like you? or she simply wasn't engaged in conversation with you?

Eh, be patient. You are asking for advice when everyone is busy with holiday plans, vacations, etc. This place is always slow during holidays.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Posts like this immediately make me skip the thread in question.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're not useful to me either asshole

That is very poor logic. Many people meet through someone they know. if your neighbor likes you, they would probably put in a good word for you.
    good point....

What do you mean you didn't get on at all? Do you mean she acted like she doesn't like you? or she simply wasn't engaged in conversation with you?
    the second, does that change things?

Eh, be patient. You are asking for advice when everyone is busy with holiday plans, vacations, etc. This place is always slow during holidays.
    im sorry for my comment. apologies all

You've only got.. three months? You weenie.

This is a perfect opportunity to have a "practice relationship" before you go back to school. You can learn all kinds of lessons and get some experience that will serve you well in the future.

OR

you could spend the next three months masturbating and watching Spongebob Squarepants, pining away for this girl who is probably wondering why you didn't make a move on her at the party.

Stop being such a girl. Man up and call her. Ask her out. Get your life going.
    Spammer Spanker