+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he really want me to visit?

Does he really want me to visit?

OK, so I need your guys expert advice:
    I apologize if it is a little long.
    I met this wonderful man two years ago while I was on a trip to Spain. We instantly hit it off and had a crazy time together but it was cut short when I had to come back home to the US. We both were very upset about having to part ways so soon but we decided not to commit to one another but to try and keep in touch as friends.

And we did keep in touch for two years. This past summer I went back to Spain on business and we saw each other again and the sparks flew but eventually I did have to come back home again and once again parting was hard. Since then we have been talking almost everyday for the last 4 months. He went to go work on a cruiseship for 6 months and we don't talk as much as we did before. But we usually go no more than 3 days without communication.

The problem is that in Spain and before he left for work, he told me that he was going to see if I could come and join him on the ship. I was going to go ahead and book but he first wants me to wait to see if he can get some sort of discount for me. I've heard this is very difficult and don't expect it to actually happen. But he hasn't asked his boss yet. He has been on the cruiseship for almost 3 weeks.

I feel like maybe he doesn’t want me to come. Am I being irrational to think this? He told me once that he was going to ask and never did. Usually in our conversations he doesn’t mention it and I don't always want to be the one bringing it up. If he wants me to come he will do it. I don't want to jump to conclusions because he did say he would ask after the holidays but I don’t know if I believe him. How long would you wait for him to ask before walking away?

Hmmm.

I used to work on a cruise ship, and I can tell you right off that the people on the ship, right up to the captain, had absolutely nothing to do with booking passage. That was all handled by an office 2,000 miles away. Maybe his cruise line is different, but I doubt it.

We also had strict rules about not fraternizing with passengers and work schedules that hardly allowed such things anyway. I imagine he's working himself ragged and it's not about wanting to see you or not, but sheer exhaustion.

I think you should plan a trip to see him at the end of his 6 months, when he'll actually have time for you.
    Spammer Spanker

Interesting, I didn't know that. That's another thing I don't know even if I did go that we would be able to see each other or even stay together. He is a musician so he plays every night for a couple of hours and this is his second 6 month contract out but if that is the case why would he say he could ask? Men suck. hahaha

Well, sometimes they like to think everything is in their control. Who knows- maybe it is, but the fact that he hasn't actually pulled it off speaks volumes, doesn't it?
    Spammer Spanker