• Should I cheat because I want her too

2 9.09%
  • Should I leave her

4 18.18%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My girlfriend stopped having sex

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Unless he signed away his rights to the child, or if he had no contact for over a year, she could file for abandonment. I've seen this happen, more than once. Sick, sad world.

I feel sorry for this kid.
    The man is in TURKEY! It's not the same legal system; and family law is day & night when compared to the U.S.! As is divorce law!
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Man, I feel obtuse. I thought he was here...

What is the divorce law in Turkey like?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    EDIT: WTF, Grk? Where did he say he is from Turkey? Certainly in a place like Turkey where religious values are more the norm, the impotance of marrying the mother of your children is even more significant.
    In his original post, which he's now edited to shorten

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's not from Turkey! He said she cut him off cold turkey.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Man, I feel obtuse. I thought he was here...

What is the divorce law in Turkey like?
    It's a hybrid of European law (mostly civil-law) and Islamic law (but not as extreme!)

In Greece, I know that in cases of divorce, the mother gets primary custody of the child, no matter what, case closed. The father can provide everything, and the mother can be a crackwh0re, but the mother will still get primary custody, no questions asked, no way around it, that's just the way it is.

Not the case in Turkey, I know that for sure. If the divorce was invoked by the husband, (says, I divorce thee 3x), "yes, that's what a husband needs to do to get divorced" then custody of the child leans in the husband's favor. If the wife had to file for divorce and proved a valid cause, then the custody of the child will lean in her favor. (In either case, it is up to the judge, can has room to lean either way, it's not set in stone as the previous example)

As for financial liability, In Greece, even though the mother has primary custody by default, it can very well be the case (usually is) that the father is the "bread-winner" so the father will have to provide "child support" to the child to bring the child up to the same standard of living it enjoyed when the couple was married.

In Turkey, they don't have that default primary custody law, so "child support" is determined strictly by who takes care of the child more, for how many days, and how much that person will need to be financially responsible for; any difference is the responsibility of the OTHER party; so it actually works AGAINST the primary custodian's favor to have primary custody of the child in terms of "child support".

He's not from Turkey! He said she cut him off cold turkey.
    Are you sure? I could swear this guy said he was from Turkey; I even checked my earlier posts where I told him about Greek women vs. Turkish women.. (the first post on this thread is "edited", and two paragraphs+ are cut out!).. I haven't been living in the US THAT long to confuse the bird with the country!
    Last edited by GrkScorp; 09-01-08 at 06:26 AM.

You people are freakin' nuts. Only Frasbee has it right. You liked this woman enough to create a new human being with her and to string her along for two years. OF COURSE you should marry her, or get the fcuk out of her life and quit wasting her time. Grkscorp needs his testicles smacked for his pathetically stupid advice. This woman is seeking security for herself and her child. If you love her, give it to her. BTW - you don't own the deed to her vagina. She doesn't have to give you what you want if you aren't willing to give her what she wants. I guess she feels like she has spent enough time auditioning, and I agree. The only fault I find in her is that she doesn't just come right out and say she wants you to act like a grown up and marry her.
    +1

I agree with this. Advice of the guys may have been valid if you two didn't have child together. Since you two do have a child you Donrite have a duty to provide that child with an environment suitable for that child's upbringing. It's not all about you anymore.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    then you obviously didn't READ my advice..

Blah blah blah, look at meeee, I'm Scooooorp, and I can tyyyype a lot.
    Coercing this dumbass to give this girl a taste of her own medicine ain't gonna get him anywhere.

Either he marry the dumb bitch, or he gets his stupid ass out of there and start paying child support.

Enough with the games.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you sure? I could swear this guy said he was from Turkey; I even checked my earlier posts where I told him about Greek women vs. Turkish women.. (the first post on this thread is "edited", and two paragraphs+ are cut out!).. I haven't been living in the US THAT long to confuse the bird with the country!
    Yes, I am sure. You are wrong. This sort of thing wouldn't be tolerated in Turkey.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Coercing this dumbass to give this girl a taste of her own medicine ain't gonna get him anywhere.

Either he marry the dumb bitch, or he gets his stupid ass out of there and start paying child support.
    And then we wonder why there still exist Divorce Attorneys by the droves, and why the divorce rate is so high

Anyway, I've said what I had to say..

P.S.

I can understand skimming through a post and forgetting to read something..

but deliberately taking to time to re-edit a post of mine, only to quote it inaccurately??? what? what's the point?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What difference would it make if you quoted yourself talking about him being from Turkey if you were wrong?

You are wrong.
    I can almost hear and feel the joy in Vash's heart as she was typing this up..

Interesting, I could swear he said he was from there.. but it either case, doesn't change the situation.. he doesn't want to end up being the father who left his family.. and he doesn't want to make his child the reason he's in a miserable marriage (that could lead to child abuse as his anger is taken out on the child, and additional issues with a gender-role interaction model that the child will learn from and develop bad habits from during childhood development)..

So please, put the energy you put in trying to go against what I'm suggesting.. and suggest something useful that this guy can do.. offer some solution! to him! I could care less.. it's not my kid!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can almost hear and feel the joy in Vash's heart as she was typing this up..

Actually, you are wrong so frequently that my pointing it out makes me like a broken record. It takes less effort to point out where I agree with you.

Actually, you are wrong so frequently that my pointing it out makes me like a broken record. It takes less effort to point out where I agree with you.
    Yawn.. I saw that comming as I was typing.. i'm actually quite upset that you didn't think of anything more creative.. less predictable, or less childish.. but i'm actually impressed at the energy and effort you took to come up with such an elaborate and well-thought-out comeback.. you sure do know how to make a guy feel special.. thanks vash

So, i'm guessing you have to actual advice or suggestion to offer to this guy then..
    Last edited by GrkScorp; 09-01-08 at 07:19 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    but deliberately taking to time to re-edit a post of mine, only to quote it inaccurately??? what? what's the point?
    'Cause it's funny...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast