+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wow...confused

Wow...confused

k i liked this girl i've known her for awhile and i told her i like her and she said shes busy with her career and she just wants to be friends. I dont get it we ge along great and stuff and i really thought she liked me but i guess not? Guys i'm so confused and i really hurt inside i dont know what to do.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She just doesn't like you as much as you like her

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by repeat View Post
    k i liked this girl i've known her for awhile and i told her i like her and she said shes busy with her career and she just wants to be friends. I dont get it we ge along great and stuff and i really thought she liked me but i guess not? Guys i'm so confused and i really hurt inside i dont know what to do.
    It happens.

I don't think that you should take it as if she doesn't like you at all. She just might want to get her career in place before she starts looking into a relationship. You shouldn't read too far into her saying she wants to be friends right now. Some people are just that way.

Sorry mate but don't get fooled, she doesn't like you, you should move on.

It was a good excuse but she should have been more explicit.

Good luck : )

It could be: Wrong time, wrong place, wrong girl....who knows
    "You attract people by the qualities you display. You keep them by the qualities you possess"

She was polite about rejecting you. Now you have to be polite about accepting it. It's not gonna happen.
    Spammer Spanker

I feel your pain, but I fear you're flogging a dead horse. Like the others said, she just let you down gently, as she's your friend.

I once did something similar but she didn't have a career to use against me! We are still friends though, having traversed an "awkward phase"

Besides, if she really is a career woman, chances are that she'd try and wear the britches (I'm a 50:50 man, before any feminists get enraged!). Maybe you can count yourself lucky at your narrow escape.
    Aidan
    [URL="http://psciencelove.blogspot.com/"]Pseudo-science of Love[/URL]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC
    ][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

majority of my girl friends are telling me if she was interested she would be with u regardless if she is busy or not. Some are saying maybe she is actually really busy with school right now and cant handle a relationship. I've known her since high school and i remember she told me she liked me...i liked her a bit too but at that time i was going out with someone else and i told her i just wanted to be friends. ARGH I HATE THIS!!! Guys i really dont know what to believe...

majority of my girl friends are telling me if she was interested she would be with u regardless if she is busy or not.
    This is spot on in my experience. Pick yourself up and go meet some other girls. She will come around if/when she's ready.

~Sphinx

Look for another woman there are a lot of nice women outside there and tears, they dry on theyr own...and wounds heal on theyr own too with some time
    Love Is Like Chocolate, It's So Sweet At The Begining... But At The End U Get Sick

Quote Originally Posted by repeat View Post
    I've known her since high school and i remember she told me she liked me...i liked her a bit too but at that time i was going out with someone else and i told her i just wanted to be friends.
    Repeat-------There's your answer. You rejected her once. She will always remember that.

most of these posts appear to be a guys perspective..she might be focussing on her career or college etc, for a long time, I just wanted to be on my own and didn't let my barriers down. I was asked out constantly, probably had a date offer at least once a week, but I never went. Maybe she got hurt in the past and needs a long time to get over it, so she is filling her time with career.

Otherwise, I also know that guys who've asked me out that I have rejected have been because I couldn't be bothered going through the motions, rather then if I liked them and my career came first for a long time - I suspect she's doing the same. Chin up, keep busy and act like you don't care anymore. I hold bets that 3 - 6 months down the line she might make an indication that there may be a chance. You know she liked you once, and she could do again....
    Jakki

Quote Originally Posted by jakki2903 View Post
    most of these posts appear to be a guys perspective..she might be focussing on her career or college etc, for a long time, I just wanted to be on my own and didn't let my barriers down. I was asked out constantly, probably had a date offer at least once a week, but I never went. Maybe she got hurt in the past and needs a long time to get over it, so she is filling her time with career.

Otherwise, I also know that guys who've asked me out that I have rejected have been because I couldn't be bothered going through the motions, rather then if I liked them and my career came first for a long time - I suspect she's doing the same. Chin up, keep busy and act like you don't care anymore. I hold bets that 3 - 6 months down the line she might make an indication that there may be a chance. You know she liked you once, and she could do again....
    well she has been talking about school a lot and how its been stressing her, shes always been dedicated to her career so i think i'll take your advice and give her some space.

Thanks!