+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wedding Vs Party!

Wedding Vs Party!

Here's the situation: Today it's my BF's cousin wedding, it starts at 8 PM at a restaurant! I work until 9 PM. He's gonna go ahead with his family. But since I work until 9 and can't drive at night because of an issue, I asked him what were we gonna do, if he was gonna pick me up after work, meaning he had to leave the wedding for like 20 minutes. I was annoyed a little because he said I was being annoying with the whole pick me up issue. But in my belief it shouldn't be such a problem to get out of the wedd for like 20 minutes to pick up your GF, right?

So now , my BFF texted me inviting me to go clubbing 2night. Since I felt like I was being a burden to him, I don't know if to tell him not to pick me up, so he doesn't go trough the trouble, but that I'm going clubbing otherwise!

I really wanted to go to the wedding, the family invited me personally, so I don't know what to do!

HELP???
    God never closes a door without opening another one!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it is outrageous you expect him to leave the wedding to pick you up. If you really want to go, catch a cab. As for going clubbing... you sound really punitive. Just catch the cab to the wedding.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I understand but, my point is it shouldn't be a problem to leave for a couple of minutes to pick up your GF right? If it was vise-versa I would pick him up with no problem!

The restaurant is not far at all!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, it IS a problem. As I said, it is outrageous you would expect him to do that. The world doesn't revolve around you. This is someone's WEDDING day. It is disrespectful of the bride and groom for guests to come and go at will, and it is very possible that your boyfriend would miss a portion of the wedding trying to cater to your selfishness. Take a cab.

You must be really young.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

It really depends on where the wedding is at when he has to leave. Twenty minutes is plenty of time to miss a significant part of it.

~Sphinx

I absolutly agree! it shouldnt be a problem at all to leave the wedding for couple minutes and to pick you up! Your his gf..wth! and ofcourse it would be so wrong for u to go to the club...dont be silly go to the wedding and tell him stop complaining at pick u up...if he really wanted u there he would of offered first to pick you up as soon as u get out of work!!
    xJanax<3

He shouldn't have to go pick you up. I agree with vashti. The real question is, how were you expecting to leave work at 9pm if you can't drive? How are you going to get home? Use that method of trans or person and ask them to take you to the wedding.
    BROKEN HEARTS ARE FOR ASSHOLES.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you were so interested in going to this wedding, why didn't you arrange to take some time off of work so you could show up on time?

I couldn't ask for the day off, because I had a 2-week vacation to visit my family in another country!

OK, thanks for your posts!

I'll say it...I can only drive from school/work to house.Cuz I don't have insurance!

I already decided what to do, I'm not gonna do either, I'll take the night for enjoying myself!

If he wants me there, he'll call an OFFER to pick me up!

And if I go to the club, he's gonna think I'm doing it on purpose!

I'll just work and get home in peace!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xmoongirlx View Post

If he wants me there, he'll call an OFFER to pick me up!
    I wouldn't make this a "test' of his devotion to you. If you really wanted to be with him, you would take a cab and not try to make him feel bad about wanting to attend the wedding (a sacred event!) of a cousin. He is supposed to be there to welcome in a new member of the family. You are just a girlfriend (no offense) and girlfriends come and go.
    Last edited by vashti; 12-01-08 at 05:54 AM.

if i were your boyfriend i wouldn't pick you up. ever.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

If u told him u really want to go to that wedding and u dont have transp. he should offer you a ride! and if he really cant come and get you, he could of just arrange a taxi ride for you.and ask some of his good friends who are not going to the wedding for a favor.its normal..your boyfriend and girlfriend.
    xJanax<3