+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Can someone file a lawsuit if..

anachronistic Guest

Can someone file a lawsuit if..

I'm just writing a story to post on the internet about an ex girlfriend. The story contains things that may/may not be true, particularly things that she might be offended by if she reads. The story does not name anyone's name, other than my own, but it does mention that the person was a girl I dated. Can they file a law suit because of that?

If you can't answer the question, I hope that you can at least reference a website or another source that will inform me.

If it doesn't include a name, they can't do shizzle.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why on earth would you waste your time? Oh, and not very Buddhist of you, LW. What about karma, dude?

I doubt she would sue you. Its technically slander, but she'd have to prove that you were referring specifically to her.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Why on earth would you waste your time? Oh, and not very Buddhist of you, LW. What about karma, dude?

I doubt she would sue you. Its technically slander, but she'd have to prove that you were referring specifically to her.
    edit:

Damn it... I wrote this really long post, but I'm not typing it again.

Basically, I am doing it not to slander, but I am using the story as an example to prove a point so that people get something out of it. What I have written thus far is completely true. Much to be written, and much be revised. haha..

And then I had a long paragraph about stupid things... ah yes... Indie, I will just PM you about that.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 12-01-08 at 12:48 PM.

I dont think anyone can do anything about it legally. It would be slander, but slander is hard to prove in the courts eyes. So nothing to worry about it!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it's like when people post naked pictures of themselves.. none of that shit is copy written so you're shit out of luck.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...