+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: why do some girls date down

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    This is bad. Going just a week of dating before committing is not the way to go in any sense, unless it just happens that way. Taking things slowly is a great way to build something before jumping into a relationship, no matter what you're looking for in the end.
    It just happens that way.. it's intense..

Which is why, although i'm only staying in Florida for 5 days.. i'll have a great time.. and then i'll also seed the option of meeting back up during spring break.. we'll see.. I don't think it's anything exceptional.. I guess deep down inside, I hope she proves me wrong about her..

But I agree with you though.. i'm pro-taking-things-slow.. (when i'm in a relationship).. but when I meet someone.. dating has to be intense.. it's too costly time-wise to stay with the wrong person.. so dating must be intense to not lead to months of lost time..

In a relationship though, I agree that you simply have to take things slow.. there has to be alot of understanding, forgiving, tolerance, and well.. time.. but you know what.. after you reach a deep level of comfort through dating.. and you feel you're very happy with this person, you move on to a serious relationship (not marriage).. and then again.. during the relationship.. if you're feeling very happy with that person (notice, very happy with those negatives aswell).. then you move into marriage.. and your last-call is starting a family.. (I plan to wait 2-3 years until I start a family after marriage).. so, you draft a great pre-nupt, and if you realize that; you know what.. this person has passed through so many filters (qualifying when meeting, dating, relationship, marriage) and I honestly want this to be the person who's the mother of my children.. and there's no going back after this.. so you start a family..

Yeah.. you can already see how time-costly it is when you move past the dating phase.. which is why "meeting & qualifying" & "dating" have to be intense and meaningful.. there's simply no time for dilly-dallying in those phases..

Anyway.. I have to get going to the airport guys, and use today's wall-street journal as toilet paper.. (though it was quite a day! 300+ point recovery!)..

Later guys, stay warm, stay safe.. i'll see you all when I get back..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    It just happens that way.. it's intense..

Which is why, although i'm only staying in Florida for 5 days.. i'll have a great time.. and then i'll also seed the option of meeting back up during spring break.. we'll see.. I don't think it's anything exceptional.. I guess deep down inside, I hope she proves me wrong about her..

But I agree with you though.. i'm pro-taking-things-slow.. (when i'm in a relationship).. but when I meet someone.. dating has to be intense.. it's too costly time-wise to stay with the wrong person.. so dating must be intense to not lead to months of lost time..
    No, it doesn't. Amanda and I both like each other an insane amount right now, and we're STILL taking it slow. We took the relationship-confirmation slow, and we're now taking the actual relationship slow.

It's too beneficial to do it this way. Yes, we're insanely good together, and we're insanely happy. But, we know better.

Quote Originally Posted by needfeedback View Post
    There are doctors and lawyers who smoke marijuana and snort cocaine. There are Mcdonalds cashiers and cooks who don't do any drugs, there are people who are smart enough to go to college but don't or can't.
    Keep telling yourself whatever helps you sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by needfeedback View Post
    but don't you "date" to find someone to "marry"? what's your definition of "dating"?
    Yea, that is exactly why we all date......BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 23-01-08 at 02:33 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    It's too beneficial to do it this way. Yes, we're insanely good together, and we're insanely happy. But, we know better.
    (Not patronizing) I'm being very open-minded and willing to see things your way.. which is why I can't help but ask (Why?)

Again, I just want to beat this point down.. I'm not patronizing, I'm genuinely curious..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    (Not patronizing) I'm being very open-minded and willing to see things your way.. which is why I can't help but ask (Why?)

Again, I just want to beat this point down.. I'm not patronizing, I'm genuinely curious..
    Holy crap, this has to be the shortest post you made so far!
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Ever smoke a good cigar?

Let me tell you, there are a lot of different types of cigars and there are a lot of excellent ones out there.

Just because I'm looking forward to eventually smoking the smoothest, most perfect tasting cigar the world has to offer, doesn't mean I'm going to finish the ones before it in single draws.

~Sphinx
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. ~Faithless, Reverence.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456