+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Kinda gross.. but i dont get it..

Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    I forgive you. I'm not much of an anime fan, but I "heart" (Eurgh) OMG. Yes. That's right. O-M-G. Not A-M-G. O-M-G. Though my handle prob' kinda gives it away.

The original OVA that is anyway.
    The original Japanese title is "Aa! Megami-sama!". The problem of how to translate this phrase has led to a great deal of debate and flamewars amongst English-speaking anime fans during the early 1990s. The US-anime import company AnimEigo obtained the OVA rights and entitled them: "Oh My Goddess!".[9] Those who objected felt that the title should be "Ah! My Goddess". References to "Oh my god" and "Oh my goddess" in a number of songs (such as Hottokenai No Sa, Megami-sama tto Oyoubi) only fueled further debate.

Series creator Fujishima was ultimately consulted. His initial reaction was to agree with the "Ah" camp. After the English phrase "Oh my God" was explained to him, he decided that "Oh" would be closer to what he was trying to convey. Yet, when a Japanese fan later pointed out to Fujishima that the Japanese merchandise uses "Ah", Fujishima said that it would be better to keep things consistent.[10]

Ah! My Goddess is the official English title for the manga, which is published by Dark Horse Comics;[11] AnimeEigo later also used Oh My Goddess! for the OVA.[9] The bilingual release, which was released by Kodansha, uses Ah! My Goddess.[12] Pioneer chose to use Ah! My Goddess in their North American release of the movie;[13] this was possibly due not to any aesthetic considerations, but rather because AnimEigo uses the title Oh My Goddess!.

The 2005 TV series and DVD releases carry the title Ah! My Goddess.

wiki-wiki-wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    see, there you go again with the damn stereotypes.. in america if you're not black or white, you're automatically dumped into the brown category huh??

so i guess it's like saying if you're iq isn't about a 150 mark, then you're just stupid?? c'mon, grow up a little...

as for anime... inuyasha was pretty good, but then like everything else, it got repetitive. i seen some of bleach and it's got a pretty good story line. however, with the limited time on my hands, i don't really have too much time for tv.

raverboy
    YES. brown catagory. thats perfect. Gad I swear. If I say white because several people have white skin, then i am catorgorizing them by skin color, I could give a shit if theyre irish or have mexican in them or WHATEVER they.. have.. white.. skin.. If I was catorgorizing by ethnicity and had a group of puerto ricans then Id STILL have people like you bitching because one of those puerto ricans have greek in them and another swiss german.. How would you catorgorize a group of people without offending? you cant! so let me lump together people in peace.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Let's lynch the white oppressor!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    YES. brown catagory. thats perfect. Gad I swear. If I say white because several people have white skin, then i am catorgorizing them by skin color, I could give a shit if theyre irish or have mexican in them or WHATEVER they.. have.. white.. skin.. If I was catorgorizing by ethnicity and had a group of puerto ricans then Id STILL have people like you bitching because one of those puerto ricans have greek in them and another swiss german.. How would you catorgorize a group of people without offending? you cant! so let me lump together people in peace.
    oh how i love to get on your nerves... it tingles on the inside.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    oh how i love to get on your nerves... it tingles on the inside.

raverboy
    you.. are.. mad..

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    you.. are.. mad..
    regardless if you're thinking that i'm angry or crazy, i'm neither. i'm rather a peaceful person. muhaha

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

gooooood

gooooooood
    vre goooooood

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456