+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Complicated situation with my ex

Complicated situation with my ex

Ugh, its pretty ridiculous. Just to get it out of the way, I'll tell you I'm gay so you're not wondering why I was going out with another guy ;-)

My ex is my best friend.. we do everything together, we go out almost every weekend, we hang out after work, and in a few weeks we're travelling to the UK together (where he's originally from). We were together for two years, and we've known each other for about four.

Its really silly I'm still totally into to him.. I don't want to be in a relationship with him again, but I'm still attracted to him and I find it hard not to compare everyone to him..

He's insanely hot, incredibly funny, brainy.. I don't like to use the term out of my league, because I think I'm a pretty good catch, but I think it applies to this situation. He's even hotter than when we were together (better body etc) and when we go clubbing and he's got his shirt off it just makes me go weak the knees.

I'm pretty sure he knows how I feel, it doesn't seem to make a difference to him. We're going overseas together in a few weeks (sans boyfriend) and its going to be even more difficult than it already is.What do I do?

Btw

< - - - - 22

my best friend

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by chttrleys_tiger View Post

Its really silly I'm still totally into to him.. I don't want to be in a relationship with him again, but I'm still attracted to him and I find it hard not to compare everyone to him..
    I think you should start being more honest with yourself. This ^ sounds EXACTLY like you want to be with him again.

This doesn't sound like a "friendship" to me. Friends don't want each other this way.

I would have recommended you NOT try to be friends with someone you are hung up on, at least not until those feelings are gone. If you are going to keep up the charade of being his friend, I think you should expect that you will be unhappy and uncomfortable a lot.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

There are over three billion men on the planet. Some of these men are gay. Some of these gay men are hot. I think you could probably find someone besides your ex to be hanging out with.

Why are you torturing yourself?
    Spammer Spanker