+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Casual Flirting Or Something More?

Casual Flirting Or Something More?

Ok, so there's this guy at work. We have great chemistry and flirt with each other all the time. At first I took it as just being friendly/playful and nothing more, but here lately I find myself thinking about him even when I'm not at work. I've been paying more attention to his body language trying to figure out if he's just playing along or if he is really interested in something more, but I need some objective opinions. So anyway, here are some things that he does.

-He looks into my eyes alot with a soft smile and holds eye contact almost the entire time while we're talking.
    -If we are sitting in the same room, 9 times out of 10 his body is positioned toward me, and I've also seen him mimick my body positions many times.
    -On occasion, he will gently touch my arm when he talks to me or will touch my shoulder as he passes by.
    -If he goes out to get some lunch, he'll bring back something for us "to share."
    -If I'm having a rough day or not feeling well, he'll insist on doing the rest of my work for me.
    -He remembers details from conversations that we had weeks ago.

The reason I need some outside opinions is that this guy is friendly with everyone and I don't want to read into things too much. But I will have to say that I've never seen him flirt with other women the way he does with me. And if he is interested, then why hasn't he made a move to the next step? (This has been going on for a couple of months). Anyway, I need some feedback. Thanks!

-He looks into my eyes alot with a soft smile and holds eye contact almost the entire time while we're talking
    That's just being polite.
    -He remembers details from conversations that we had weeks ago.
    No biggie there either. I remember details from conversations with MANY people. Even those that I would NEVER have a romantic interest in.

However the other stuff implies that he's really flirting heavily with you. Looks like he probably wouldn't mind being something more. If you are interested in him, just flirt back. The heavier the flirting, the less able you are to "skirt the issue" and he'll eventually almost be FORCED to ask you out. And if not, then ask him out. It is the 21st century!

Alexi

HELLO GO FOR IT. Even if he doesn't like you at least you will know and not have to worry about it. I'm like one of the shyest people I know but I hate not knowing and will always ask the person out on a date if I really want to get with them sooooo I say ask him out on a date and quit trying to figure out if he likes you.

DO IT
    One day the Moon said to me, "If he makes you cry, why dont you leave him?" I looked up at the Moon and said, "Moon would you ever leave your sky?"

Why rush things?
    If this one is meant to be, neither of u is going anywhere.

You only live once honey and I hate to miss out on things. My advice is why wait have fun.
    One day the Moon said to me, "If he makes you cry, why dont you leave him?" I looked up at the Moon and said, "Moon would you ever leave your sky?"

I agree that you should go for it! Just don't get too attached, I did that before because I thought someone really liked me and I ended up getting hurt.

Thanks. I appreciate all the feedback. Things have started heating up between us the past few days. The flirting is almost constant, and we've been touching each other quite a bit. The way he's been acting lately, I don't think I'll have to make the next move.

Originally posted by someone
    Thanks. I appreciate all the feedback. Things have started heating up between us the past few days. The flirting is almost constant, and we've been touching each other quite a bit. The way he's been acting lately, I don't think I'll have to make the next move.
    Hook, line and sinker.