+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The mail-order brides industry

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    They probably do it because American women just aren't workng for them
    Yeah, probably it all boils down to just that.

i wouldn't mind having a mail order husband...

i'd order 4 or 5. you know, in case i have company.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    In some cases, as I've seen, these men are looking for more 'traditional' wives. Ones that will cook and clean and treat them like the 'man of the house'. There are a lot of insecure men out there that feel threatened by an independent woman that expects him to - god forbid - do his share around the household. I think it's a 'power' thing.

I know a LOT of Indian men that do this that are MY age even....they get their parents to fix them up a marriage to some poor country girl from back in India. They leave them at home to take care of their house, take care of their parents, and have their kids. Then they just go out and live their lives like bachelors. I'm really not kidding, I know a few like this. They say "Why would I marry a westernized girl? They just do what they want and don't know their duties." I found it friggin infuriating.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I think some people do it because it's easier. Because they want a girl from a culture where the traditional roles haven't been yet confused. They can just go about being a typical guy like their parents and their parents before that.

Though having said that my impression of "mail order bride industry" is of parasitic one. These "relationships" rarely actually work. As soon as the girl gets the citizenship she is ussually out the door to freedom. I've never, even once heard a true success story.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I think some people do it because it's easier. Because they want a girl from a culture where the traditional roles haven't been yet confused. They can just go about being a typical guy like their parents and their parents before that.
    This is just another way of saying that the guy is too lazy to learn to grow into a new role, Mish. I hope that's what you meant.

The same is likewise true for women who want to live out the Cinderella Fairytale, btw, and let the guy 'take care of her'.

Society evolves and we evolve with it. Sometimes painfully, but I believe its worth it. Beware anyone who is too lazy to grow.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Women are asked for a lot these days. A lot of men expect them to do the house chores and take care of the kids, but then the woman works a full-time job like the man. I'd be pretty pissed too

Men should be realistic, either expect for the woman to be a house wife and look after the kids and the house or her to continue work and someone else to look after all that.

Though often, that choice is not up to the men.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    where is the option for a woman to just shut up and have sex when i want her to??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    In some cases, as I've seen, these men are looking for more 'traditional' wives. Ones that will cook and clean and treat them like the 'man of the house'. There are a lot of insecure men out there that feel threatened by an independent woman that expects him to - god forbid - do his share around the household. I think it's a 'power' thing.

I know a LOT of Indian men that do this that are MY age even....they get their parents to fix them up a marriage to some poor country girl from back in India. They leave them at home to take care of their house, take care of their parents, and have their kids. Then they just go out and live their lives like bachelors. I'm really not kidding, I know a few like this. They say "Why would I marry a westernized girl? They just do what they want and don't know their duties." I found it friggin infuriating.

This is dead on the mark from what I've seen. I only know one guy who actually bought a wife but I work with plenty of guys who've brought brides back from foriegn (mostly Asia-Pacific) lands, and this is how it goes. They are not icky or otherwise insecure guys either. They just have a specific role in mind for "wife" and American women don't fit it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    where is the option for a woman to just shut up and have sex when i want her to??

raverboy

And after being married twice and nearly married a third time, I've found that this is where I am now. I won't marry again because I'm unwilling to be a "good wife", and therefor will probably not get anymore offers. What I want is for my guy to buy (of fix) me dinner, make some clever comments, and give me a good tumble once a week or so. And for him to be satisfied with the same from me.

Oh, I guess I might have trouble with the "shutting-up" part.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by moonlight View Post
    And after being married twice and nearly married a third time, I've found that this is where I am now. I won't marry again because I'm unwilling to be a "good wife", and therefor will probably not get anymore offers. What I want is for my guy to buy (of fix) me dinner, make some clever comments, and give me a good tumble once a week or so. And for him to be satisfied with the same from me.

Oh, I guess I might have trouble with the "shutting-up" part.
    yup, some people are never satisfied huh?? as long as i got a beer in my hand without my wife nagging me all the time then i'm all g.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Tedel Guest
    Seems I'm starting to get the full picture, thanks for your comments.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123