+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The mail-order brides industry

Tedel Guest

The mail-order brides industry

Hi there,

More than curious about the topic. Why so many American men go for mail-order bride / international online dating? What's wrong with American girls or women?

Just curious.

I've known two guys who had bought brides, both girls from the Philippines, actually. These guys were both so icky they would never have been able to attract a decent woman, but with some cash, they were both able to land good-looking women who were willing to stay with them for the seven years required to get their citizenship.

Those guys were, like, seriously bleeeaaahh.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yup, I agree. Also, these men tend to be the ones who are unable to negotiate the complexities of American women, and seek foreign women as a way to acheive some level of power they wouldn't be able to command with a U.S. citizen. I don't think this is a reflection on American women at all, but rather a recflection on a man who actually believes he can buy love.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm not even sure they think they're buying love. I think simple gratitude will suffice for their purposes.
    Spammer Spanker

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    ...these men tend to be the ones who are unable to negotiate the complexities of American women...
    May I ask which are those complexities? I mean... I thought every single woman on earth was complex!

Being serious, ladies... don't you think you're minimizing men with those comments? I am imagining a shy nerd executive who could have never got laid unless he paid, no matter how much money he had! Is that the case?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The shy nerd is unable to negotiate the complexities of interactions with women, so they buy them instead of earning their love.

Anyway Tedel, you said "so many American men", but I don't think it is all that common.
    Last edited by vashti; 24-01-08 at 04:02 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Haha look at the women point the finger at men and call them "icky"...I am a stud and am successful...I would order one if I felt like it. I don't care, the women here are boring as hell and don't know what they want them self. Maybe some guys don't care to play these GrScorp games and just want the girl to come in a box...does sound appealing to me.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

OV, I have no doubt you would have totally agreed with me about these two.

The ickier one was really creepy. He worked on a cruise ship with me and he always had cold sweat running down the sides of his face. I mean, always.

Haven't you ever met someone that was just creepy and icky before?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    OV, I have no doubt you would have totally agreed with me about these two.

The ickier one was really creepy. He worked on a cruise ship with me and he always had cold sweat running down the sides of his face. I mean, always.

Haven't you ever met someone that was just creepy and icky before?
    I meet creepy and ugly people all the time. They all have girlfriends/boyfriends.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't know about 'ordering' a bride, sounds too much like buying a slave to me, but I do know ppl who will only date girls from asian cultures.

The reasons I'm told is that, *on average*, these gals are harder working, more appreciative, value education & family, and tend to take better physical care of themselves. That, and the fact that a lot of asian men are assholes to women & marrying a 'white guy' is considered moving up. Provided they leave the country; some cultures can be pretty racist regarding mixed marriages (e.g. Japan).

FWIW

Indi has a mail-order husband.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Haha look at the women point the finger at men and call them "icky"...I am a stud and am successful...I would order one if I felt like it. I don't care, the women here are boring as hell and don't know what they want them self. Maybe some guys don't care to play these GrScorp games and just want the girl to come in a box...does sound appealing to me.
    So says the shy nerd.

Indi, I think there is a very big difference between buying a bride and preferring to date women from another culture.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Indi has a mail-order husband.
    I do, but they lost the damn package enroute and sent me this local replacement... I'm still trying to figure out how to get the damn mop handle holder working on this one!!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Indi, I think there is a very big difference between buying a bride and preferring to date women from another culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by indireloaded
    Don't know about 'ordering' a bride, sounds too much like buying a slave to me

Tedel Guest
    mm... I'm afraid I still don't get it. =S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast