+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I just too ugly?

Am I just too ugly?

Hello everyone,

So, there's a women I like (love to bits), we're very close friends, soul mates and get on brilliantly. Sometimes she seems quite flirtly; will invite compliments, use pet names, tickle my neck, make constant eye contact, tease me so I chase her, etc. She'll also put her legs in my lap when sitting around, holds my hand, constantly gives hugs, and when I reached out to brush the hair from her face she put her head in my arms/chest and happily let me nuzzle/kiss her hair.
    She constantly says I'm wonderful and she thinks the world of me, invites me places, etc, and I'm sure she knows how I feel, yet she never instigates more, although she's far more experienced than me, which makes me think she finds me physically repellant and doesn't want to go there :-(
    It's no so much that I WANT more, but I just hate feeling like a reject because of my f*#king looks when everything else seems so right between us.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why the **** don't YOU instigate more?

Do you literally need to be hit over the head?

I think that she is giving you all the signals in the book that she really likes you and maybe she is just waiting for you to make the BIG move! Try talking to her about it... see how she feels.

LostNotFound Guest
    well traditionally the guy makes the first move. so go for it. this is nothing to do with looks. she's in to you.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by wanna-luv-u-89 View Post
    I think that she is giving you all the signals in the book that she really likes you and maybe she is just waiting for you to make the BIG move! Try talking to her about it... see how she feels.
    Please don't talk to her about it. Just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Please don't talk to her about it. Just do it.
    Even better!

However frustrated you are feeling right now, it's likely that she's feeling ten times more so if she's giving you all of the above and you have yet to make a move.

You should get a move on before she moves on, herself.

~Sphinx

Go for a walk tomorrow and look around, really look. Most people are not movie-star beautiful, are they? The world is populated with average-looking people. Unless you're spectacularly hideous, I think you need to get the hell over yourself and start returning some of the affection this girl is showering you with before some other ugly guy comes along and sweeps her right out from under you.
    Spammer Spanker

Thanks for the answers guys. Guess it does sound silly! But from where I'm sitting it's just not so clear; for example one day I was playing with her feet in my lap and kissed a couple of toes; she didn't say stop, but nor she seem to show any enthusiasm. I can't help thinking that if she was really up for it she'd have taken the bull by the horns by now and initiated a kiss (or something equally clear) herself. I dread the idea of trying it and getting a look of horror!

Quote Originally Posted by Tired73 View Post
    ... one day I was playing with her feet in my lap and kissed a couple of toes; she didn't say stop, but nor she seem to show any enthusiasm.
    If you did that to me I'd be mortified that my toes might be ever-so-slightly stinky, unless I'd just gotten out of a bath. Not that I even have smelly feet so much, just that because I'm a girl, I'm supposed to be perfect at all times.

Don't do that again. Fool.

I can't help thinking that if she was really up for it she'd have taken the bull by the horns by now and initiated a kiss (or something equally clear) herself.
    Or maybe she just wants you to be the boy.

Look, maybe you should just look into her eyes and tell her, "You're making me want to kiss you, but I'm very strong and manly, so I'm resisting you, but I think you should be warned, you're gonna get smooched if you don't stop it."
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 25-01-08 at 04:20 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She lets you kiss her toes?? And you're not sure if she likes you??

LOL!!

Maybe she likes you enough to be a bit scared of you. Happens; some ppl just freeze when approached by someone they really like. Its easy to show confidence when you don't give a crap about the outcome.

Just go for it already. All the signs are there she's really into you. Go for a kiss; if she balks, kiss her cheek (or hand) & ask her gently what's wrong. You'll know by her answer whether to persist or not.

Pretty much what everyone else has said already. The ball is in your court.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

OK, OK, so it looks like everyone thinks I should bite the bullet and make a move. One question for the females here before I do though, just for my own peace of mind; what are the chances of you doing those things with a guy friend you found unattractive or didn't want toencourage as more than a friend?

Thanks again :-)

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OK, OK, so it looks like everyone thinks I should bite the bullet and make a move. One question for the females here before I do though, just for my own peace of mind; what are the chances of you doing those things with a guy friend you found unattractive or didn't want toencourage as more than a friend?

Thanks again :-)
    Stop it. NOBODY does this as friends.

Man up, and get the hell out of here.

what are the chances of you doing those things with a guy friend you found unattractive or didn't want toencourage as more than a friend?
    depends on how much money he had.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast