+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In a relationship, but falling fast for another girl

In a relationship, but falling fast for another girl

I am kind of embarrassed to have to ask for advice on relationships but this is anonymous so i guess everything is ok. I have been in a great relationship for about 2 1/2 years, but for the last year we lived about 5 hours apart and didn't get to see each other much. Well this past summer, I met another girl. I could tell that there was an immediate attraction between us, but she knew that I had a girlfriend and we were fine with just being friends. Well throughout the summer we became better friends and began to hang out more. I should have drew the line there and walked away but I thought it was just harmless fun and that I was in the freind zone. This fall, I was finally able to move back home to where my girlfriend is, but on my last night this other girl tells me how she feels about me and we shared one of the greatest kisses that I have ever had and I will never forget it. Well, of course, I felt aweful afterwards but I wrote it off as a summer fling and tried to forget about it because i was moving away from her. For the past few months, I have had little contact with this other girl but I know that she still feels the same about me. I love my current girlfriend, but I have been doing some serious evaluating lately because if I loved her as much I should then I should not be constantly thinking about a different girl. I don't even know if a relationship with my new crush would even work out, but I feel like i owe it to myself to at least find out. I guess where I am stuck at is should I stay with my girlfriend that I have been dating for the past 2/12 years or should I jump ship and at least try to follow where my heart has been wanting to go since this summer. I am so scared to put myself out there because I could possibly be left with no one and with a broken heart. And not to mention alot of friendships that will have to be smoothed out afterwards. I welcome any advice

It sounds like you've got a good perspective on pro's and con's of your potential decisions.

There's risk involved in either one, and you could gain or lose a lot in the process.

If you are thinking about the other girl constantly, it's likely to have ill effects on your current relationship, so show your current girl some respect and make a clearheaded choice, soon.

~Sphinx
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. ~Faithless, Reverence.