+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stupid effing @#$%**$#@ confirmation codes!!!!

stupid effing @#$%**$#@ confirmation codes!!!!

I don't know about anyone else, but those freakin confirmation codes you need to enter to register to a forum are beggining to REE-AAA-AAA-LLLL-Y piss. me. off.

I mean, in order for it to work, all the bloody thing needs to be is an IMAGE of text, right??? so why make them as squiggly and distorted as possible so that they're almost unrecognisable??

But that's not all... what if the damn code isn't there in the first place?? Like just now, 2 seperate forums, none of them have loaded the code - BUT I NEED THE CODE. Where is it? I've tried 2 different browsers. Contact the admin? yeh, right, and wait HOW long for a response?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree. That shit pisses me off to no end. There are much better ways of handling it. Show a picture of a train. Beneath that have three choices: A) Car B) Plane C) Train.

There. Unless you're dealing with a retard I doubt anyone will have trouble with that and I'd like to see the program that can correctly guess.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

anachronistic Guest
    Well start designing a better way to prevent spyware and whatnot from spamming the boards. It's just one convention for that. I really don't have a problem with the minor annoyance keeping all kinds of spam from making miserable experiences for everything.

I understand why this is in place ... it's just ridiculously unnecessary sometimes. Letters don't need to be twisted beyond recognition ... or at least, the image should at least load.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    I understand why this is in place ... it's just ridiculously unnecessary sometimes. Letters don't need to be twisted beyond recognition ... or at least, the image should at least load.
    It's beyond your understanding as to why. Just be aware that it is necessary. Why would it be there if it was unecessary?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you're turning into a traitor by signing up for another forum. i will not help you in any way or form.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    It's beyond your understanding as to why. Just be aware that it is necessary. Why would it be there if it was unecessary?

the same reason anything else in the world is unecessary ...
    if some forums can have confirmation codes that are perfectly readable, there is no reason why others need to have ones that are distorted to no end. The codes are there so that bots etc can't read them and spam the place, because they are an image. So there's no reason why the letters in the image should be unreadable to a human. It's not THAT much of a mystery as to why they're in place.

And ilusional, the forums I was trying to sign up for were on philosophy and psychology ... this would be the only relationship forum i'm on

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

And ilusional, the forums I was trying to sign up for were on philosophy and psychology ... this would be the only relationship forum i'm on
    don't try to butter me up, the damage has already been done.

raverboy

lol go raverboy!

I may be wrong here but I think they make them that way so another computer can not scan it and know what letter it is. If they were to use pictures there are references out there on the net of what it is...does that make any sense?
    There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
    Dalai Lama

anachronistic Guest
    the same reason anything else in the world is unecessary ...
    if some forums can have confirmation codes that are perfectly readable, there is no reason why others need to have ones that are distorted to no end. The codes are there so that bots etc can't read them and spam the place, because they are an image. So there's no reason why the letters in the image should be unreadable to a human. It's not THAT much of a mystery as to why they're in place.

Believe it or not, but some robots CAN read what is on the image. There was a point in time where simple words were used, and people found a way around that. No sense in arguing with you about that, believe what you want.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilcupid View Post
    lol go raverboy!

I may be wrong here but I think they make them that way so another computer can not scan it and know what letter it is. If they were to use pictures there are references out there on the net of what it is...does that make any sense?
    whooo whooo.. i got some props from a newbie... much thanks.

raverboy

lol, yes, it's because it's possible to convert clearly written text as an image into type. It's probably overkill in a lot of cases, but hey better over-prepared than under.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    whooo whooo.. i got some props from a newbie... much thanks.

raverboy
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Once she gets an eyeful of your whiskey dick, I think the props will taper off.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Enjoy it while it lasts. Once she gets an eyeful of your whiskey dick, I think the props will taper off.
    c'mon if you're going to talk shit, atleast get the quotes right.. it's whiskey linguini Ay, mami..

raverboy

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    c'mon if you're going to talk shit, atleast get the quotes right.. it's whiskey linguini Ay, mami..

raverboy
    I thought it was linguini weenie....

Now I'm hungry.

Hey, did I ever tell you that the worst restaurant job I ever had was at the Jolly Roger? Yeah, no kidding. The one on Kalakaua. Ay, papi, that place was a nightmare.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast