+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do you draw the lines in family matters?

Theres a HUGE part of me thats relieved he wants out, please dont get me wrong. I felt as though with EVERYTHING thats been going on his life it was best thing for him. He dropped out of HS, hopefully he passed the GED. But he's not self sufficient at this point. There are plenty of times Kyle expresses his proudness of being part of the Military too. He's very conflicted.

IF he could make it on his very own up there, GREAT! But Ive told him he HAS to have a roommate even if stayed here he'd have to one. He's got 500 dollars going out in car stuff alone. His current job also gives him the shaft on his schedule, one week he's scheduled 40 hrs, the next week its 5. He's fed up with that too.

Id rather see Kyle working full time in something and go to school for something, he does and wants to be a firefighter. We'll see.

Im just so apprehensive to even call my parents to shoot the shit in fear we'll fight. Today I started my job with my husband and I dont feel I can call them and be happy because they dont agree with my decision to do that either. Too much bs.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrley View Post
    I dont feel I can call them and be happy because they dont agree with my decision to do that either. Too much bs.
    Your parents sound like my girlfriend's parents.

The shit they gave her about moving back to New Orleans. It didn't even have anything to do with me.

Her parents had gotten so emotional about their youngest moving away again, she brought up doubt in Amy's "eternal future".

They got so caught up in their own selfish desires to have all their daughters close by that they completely disregarded Amy's wants/happiness.

Amy decided that regardless of how they feel, she's going, and either they'll come around or they won't. If they don't, it's their loss, especially in their old age when they should be making the most of the time, rather than spending it angry and selfish.

They finally came around.

Kyle just will have to do what he has to do. Even if there's validity to Giga's earlier statement, people...especially young people just have to do it themselves. You can only take so much advice before you just gotta see for yourself. If it turns out to be a bad idea, it's for the family to be there and support him when he realizes this, to keep him on his feet and off the street, and to make sure he learned something from it so he doesn't keep repeating the same mistake.

Thank you Fras! That made me feel so much better, because its how I feel at this time.

When youre family is close like that, sometimes it can be hurtful, just too close I guess. Im glad Amy has the courage to do this! Just like Kyle, you have to go for it!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrley View Post
    To get away from all of the BS here. His so called friends and all of the girls who have caused him so much pain and bs. I dont want him to go, Im his mom, but Id do it if I had to.
    so basically he's running away from what he won't stand up and deal with?? that sounds very childish to me.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

It is running. Lastnight he came over, he passed his GED and now his HS Diploma! THANK GOD! He's now rethinking the move and possibly staying here. Ok Kid just do something. I wish it were like 5 yrs from now.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Careful what you wish for, squirrley... you could be a granny in 5 years!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    squirt... like i said before, sometimes you have to slap this boy upside his head. shit, bring him to hawaii and i'll do it for free. then i'll leave him on hotel st where he can get pimped out like all the other male cross dressers. hee hee hee.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12