+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if your friend attacks you?

anachronistic Guest

What if your friend attacks you?

I am a bit confused, kind of freaking out at a situation. A "friend" attacked me about a half hour ago. Well to be more specific, the male CA of my floor attacked me.

What happened is still blurry to me, I am having a bit of a hang over from last night... anyway, he was talking to someone in the hallway, pretty much blocking it by putting each hand on both walls. I was heading down the hallway with my buddy, we were going to go to the store. He let my buddy through, who went into his room. The CA would not let me through. I looked at him and said "excuse me" politely, and he said "Walk under my arm!" and gave me this nasty look. So I grabbed his arm in a non-hostile way so I could get by. He immediately proceeded to shove me into the wall and try to pin me on the wall. This guy is built pretty well, he exercises more than me (I haven't exercised for a few months) and he is twice my size. Well, after about a minute and a half of this nonsense, he pinned me.

I am quite surprised that he couldn't pin me faster. But yet, I feel embarrassed and threatened; the people he was talking to were my friends. They just sat there and watched it all happen. I thought this CA was my friend, but now I feel otherwise. I feel like getting revenge... as it is human nature... I am feeling all these things, I am very bothered by the situation. I am not sure what to do.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What is a "CA"?

It sounds like you said or did something to piss him off... maybe when you had too much to drink?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What sucks about college is that they freak out over any significant amount of fighting

If this was in some random city you could have bludgeoned his face in with a small hard object (I actually have a perfectly fist-fitting small statue I bought in Mexico that can either fracture a persons skull with a blow or just bludgeon them, depending on the side used. Great weapons are many times unconventional). But at college, the aggressor can do shit like that and get away with it but retaliation on nearly any level will eescalate it to the threshold that you don't want to hit, have those university police people showing up to question and try to scare you and probably arrest you for giving this dick what he had coming

I can completely relate to your situation because just last night some guy tried to show me up in front of some girl by talking down to me in a petty kind of way. Luckily verbally assaults can be spun around and made to hurt the aggressor if you're a wordsmith and quick on your feet.

Don't let that happen again. It's not good when someone does something like that to you and other people are there to see it. This guy needs to get ****ed up

Maybe there was something up before but you didn't realise, maybe he was hung over too ... you sparked it by grabbing his arm; maybe to him it didn't feel non-hostile.

what an asshole. your friends probably didn't do anything because they're scared of him. can't that guy get fired for that?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    CA is something probably like an RA... shit, i forget what it stands for but he's in charge of maintaining the dorm rooms.

however, wing, i would turn his ass in because he is letting the power go to his head. bullshit like that shouldn't happen in the first place.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

That's all it was, then. He was trying to overpower you. First by making you walk under his arm and then by pinning you. It probably wouldn't have happened if other people weren't around.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Put ipecac or something like that in a drink of his and laugh your ass off when he's vomiting like hell all over the place

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    CA is something probably like an RA... shit, i forget what it stands for but he's in charge of maintaining the dorm rooms.
    This is what a CA is, Vashti. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    what an asshole. your friends probably didn't do anything because they're scared of him. can't that guy get fired for that?
    He probably can get fired for that. The thing is peer pressure though. Power. A lot of people on the floor like him because he lets things slide and all. People would get angry at me for getting him fired. I don't want to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    That's all it was, then. He was trying to overpower you. First by making you walk under his arm and then by pinning you. It probably wouldn't have happened if other people weren't around.
    Yeah, I agree. This sounds logical enough.

I thought about it for a bit. I think it's better if I keep myself from him. If it happens again I WILL report him. I will make a record of what happened tonight, and write down the witnesses, in case it happens again. Does that seem reasonable?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    What sucks about college is that they freak out over any significant amount of fighting

If this was in some random city you could have bludgeoned his face in with a small hard object (I actually have a perfectly fist-fitting small statue I bought in Mexico that can either fracture a persons skull with a blow or just bludgeon them, depending on the side used. Great weapons are many times unconventional). But at college, the aggressor can do shit like that and get away with it but retaliation on nearly any level will eescalate it to the threshold that you don't want to hit, have those university police people showing up to question and try to scare you and probably arrest you for giving this dick what he had coming

I can completely relate to your situation because just last night some guy tried to show me up in front of some girl by talking down to me in a petty kind of way. Luckily verbally assaults can be spun around and made to hurt the aggressor if you're a wordsmith and quick on your feet.

Don't let that happen again. It's not good when someone does something like that to you and other people are there to see it. This guy needs to get ****ed up
    Yeah, they do freak out about everything. Remember my airsoft incident? Yeah.

Did I say that no punches were thrown? It was only wrestling. But that makes no difference. Violence is violence. I believe violence between people is unnecessary... unless you're an animal. Some people are animals, and sometimes you do have to defend yourself.

Vashti, I was not drunk when this incident happened. I was drinking friday night. This incident happened tonight, while I am having the hangover from last night (the sick part anyway) I am not drunk at all. I am pretty sure he was not drunk at the time. Being drunk is no exception, though. I am not a hostile person, and therefore assuming that I was going to attack him would be ridiculous (We talked quite a bit in the past, he's known me for a whole semester). I grabbed his arm at the wrist, slowly, calmly, and gently, and as soon as my hand touched his wrist, he shoved me into the wall. I really honestly doubt that he perceived that as attacking him.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If somebody told me to walk under his arm I'd probably hit him in the face immediately. That's some bullshit. Avoid the guy.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well being that this situation has had some time to pass, did you do something about it yet? as time passes, so does the validity on your story when you bring it to the attention to the authority.

raverboy

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    well being that this situation has had some time to pass, did you do something about it yet? as time passes, so does the validity on your story when you bring it to the attention to the authority.

raverboy
    I just decided taht if it happens again, I will report it. Now I will just keep myself from him.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    I just decided taht if it happens again, I will report it. Now I will just keep myself from him.
    it's funny because a lot of people think this way. shit, i got falsed once and i just let it go. bottom line, if people get away with it once, then they think that they'll get away this crap all the time.

raverboy

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It seems like 'wing is one of those people who seem to attract trouble.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast