+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Light at the End of the Tunnel!!!

Light at the End of the Tunnel!!!

Hi to everyone. Happy Valentines Day. Couldn't have picked a better day to post to your forum. I've read many of your posts and have felt for all. I'm writing this in hopes that perhaps it will help somebody deal with the loss of someone they loved and still do love.
    I was, or i thought I was, so very much in love with the person I shared my life with. We shared our innermost feelings with each other for almost 4 years. We had our ups and our downs but otherwise things went well. We planned on marriage, we planned on kids. We planned on sharing the rest of our lives with one another. I was in love. We cried together about loses in our lives. Sometimes we just cuddled up together and didn't say a word. Felt like I was on top of the world. Then came home that one afternoon and everything that was hers was gone. Everything. Except for the rings i gave her and other jewelry... promptly placed on the nightstand beside our bed. The white teddy bear with pink bows that I gave her our first Valentines Day placed next to her rings... the teddy bear that told her how much I loved her. No note. No letter. No sign at all to where she was or where she was going. No clues at all. My heart broke in two. Called everyone she knew. No answers to where she may have went. That night I thought it would be the end of my world. All sense of control was gone. I cried. And I cried. What did I do wrong to deserve this? Didn't think I would make the night... nevermind the next day or the day after. I made it through the night though with the help of a very close friend. Thank God for him. I don't know where I'd be today if he wasn't there. All this happened 2 months ago to the day. I was at the end, or at least I thought I was until I gave an old girlfriend of mine a call. We talked off and on through the years... just kinda goin on with each other bout what we were doing and comparing our relationships. We dated but never got very serious. We thought we'd do better if we were just friends. And friends we were. Well am I ever glad we stayed in contact and stayed civil to each other because today marks our one month anniversay and I can honestly tell you I haven't been happier in my life. She's always been there for me and I've always been there for her. No matter what... unconditional. Over all these years, happiness was looking my right in the face and I didn't recognize it till I took a fall.... and she was there and picked me up. She is the kindest person I know and now I'm at home alone writing you all this because I just got home from taking her to the hospital with appendicitis. She knows I'll be there with her tomorrow. I'll always be with her. So to end this post, I'm going to say to anyone here that it doesn't matter how bad you feel, how confused you are, how much hate, love, and despair you are dealing with, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. There is always that one special person out there that is so right for you. As much as you may feel that you lost that one person that was perfect for you... that person WASN'T perfect for you. If they were, then you would have been perfect for them. Time mends all wounds. Some faster than others but nonetheless all it is is time, and all it takes is that right person to come along to make the whole world of difference. And sometimes that person is looking right at you and you don't realize it. Trust your gut feelings. And don't be scared to make the first move. Regrets are things you can't live with. Mistakes are things you can. Happy Valentines Day to you all.

It's nice to hear that, well read it anyway
    Life is like a dick. When things get hard, **** it.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey, that was a nice V Day story, thanks for sharing.

Sorry to hear about the first gf tho. Yuck. That had to be hard.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Never got any explanation at all? That's just plain weird.
    Spammer Spanker

I got an explanation if one could call it that. About 2 weeks ago I got an email saying she was sorry. She needed time to get her sh** together. Whatever thats supposed to mean. All I could say to her was too late. I don't have the time nor patience to try and understand what is going on in her head. She didn't have the decency to at least call me or let me know what was going on. Just left hanging. And trust me. I waited by the phone. The cell always on. Emails checked regularily... for what seemed an eternity. Missed lots of work. For what? It was the lamest excuse I've ever heard.

Seems like some of us guys are just being used for their extent, and then when
    you give the energy and time, they finally say they want someone different and
    then It shuts down your presence in the world.
    I have had 2 bad situations where I got no feedback about what was going on,
    and was left hanging.
    People need to start being honest, and tell the person what is going on, or
    they won't get help themselves.
    They are hurting the other person, and themselves as well, the truth may hurt
    at first, but at least you don't have to question what was their intention when they left you.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

My gf just break up with me a few miniutes ago......
    Its also like the end of the world for me.... Tears keep come out for no reasons.... I know this would happen a few days before...But there is noting i can do....
    After reading your story , i feel much better .... Thanks a lot dude

i hate you
    grrr
    i'm still in teh ****ing tunnel you basterd
    LOL

well i'll hopefully soon meet you in the light at the end of all this darkness

but untill then

i hate you you lucky basterd