+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd get my ass beat...

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fras I wasn't kidding. Get a handgun license and concealed carry permit, and then buy a handgun, a few extra clips, some ammo, and take it to the range and practice. And carry it with you

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah I've been thinking of taking up boxing when I get back to Sydney for that exact reason Frasbee. I want to know that I'll be able to handle myself properly should I need to protect Kristen or my sister or even someone in trouble in the street. I mean I'm not a small guy and I have been in a few scrapes but nothing substantial, just shoving matches with drunken f-cks.

I have actually had to save Kristen once. She was walking to meet me at a bar in the city when some guy made some comment as she walked past grabbed at her and started following her. She called me terrified so I literally sprinted out of the bar to meet her. The coward saw me running towards them and then turned around and bolted himself.

i don't need no boyfriend. i can **** somebody up on my own.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    But then what do you do when you have to fight?
    you end up in a lengthy court case.. take it from shorty's advice.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

A self defense class. I think its great you want to protect Amy, but you have to be street smart apparently where you are now. Hell, I probably wouldve ran away.

Really Fras, what about a self defense course? Its more about needing to defend yourself. Obviously Amy's not doing anything out of the ordinary, people watching, but like people say, maybe in some cities its taken offensively. Just have to be more discreet I guess. Look into a class! It might even be fun if you both took it!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

there's not much you can do. You're either born to fight or you're not. I've seen plenty of guys who look athletic that can't throw a proper punch. The best thing you can do is take up a practical martial art like boxing or wrestling. Not only will you build strength and speed, but you will also learn how to defend yourself.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm seriously considering that.

Like I said, I'm pretty small, most any guy larger than me could easily take me down with a tackle. When you consider most brawls occur in bars or in the streets...well, I would suspect formalized/honorable fighting would go out the door.

I'd need something practical, defensive, and worthwhile for a guy my size. 5'5 and 135 pounds.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think neo is right. You need to focus on learning how to not get hurt. Try Krav Maga.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krav_Maga[/url]

[url]http://www.kravmaga.com/[/url]
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I'm seriously considering that.

Like I said, I'm pretty small, most any guy larger than me could easily take me down with a tackle. When you consider most brawls occur in bars or in the streets...well, I would suspect formalized/honorable fighting would go out the door.

I'd need something practical, defensive, and worthwhile for a guy my size. 5'5 and 135 pounds.
    or you can be like me, i have a lot of huge friends.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i don't need no boyfriend. i can **** somebody up on my own.
    +1

Fras, tell Amy to soften her stares w/a smile. Makes a huge difference.

And if you can find a good dojo, think about taking up Yoshinkan Aikido (or aikijujitsu--its old name). Its very effective for self-defense & is irrespective of size (in fact, the bigger your opponent, the more control you have over them). The Tokyo Riot police require a shodan for their female officers, but its just as good for men. Google for it on youtube, lots of clips.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Shit everyone is still hung up on martial arts? My cousin is a 6 foot 4, 275 pound former wrestler with gargantuan muscles, but that can't stop a bullet

Just buy a gun

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Shit everyone is still hung up on martial arts? My cousin is a 6 foot 4, 275 pound former wrestler with gargantuan muscles, but that can't stop a bullet

Just buy a gun
    There's a big difference b/t shooting someone w/a gun & defending yourself, DM.

I've trained with guys who are 300 pounds. I could never win in a direct confrontation w/such a person, I'm petite (no matter WHAT level belt--most guys are bigger/stronger than me, just how it is), but I can use their energy to take them down enough to get away if they rush me. And for many situations, like a quick grab, that is all you need--time to run away.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

^ DM

::putsdukesup::

"This is what makes you a man. When I was growing up, this was all the protection we needed. You win some, you lose some. But you lived, you lived to fight another day."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's not just buying a gun, it's also having a license to carry as well.

Plus, a chick uptown coffee shop ain't the kind of place I'd expect to need a gun. There's also the technicality that if you're not in your home, using that gun gets alot hairier.

I don't want to know martial arts for when somebody breaks into my home, that's when I'd like to have a 12 gauge waiting for them.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    "This is what makes you a man. When I was growing up, this was all the protection we needed. You win some, you lose some. But you lived, you lived to fight another day."
    Lol I don't think people should fight to show how manly you are, rather just because it might be necessary. In which case winning is all that matters

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast