+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eco friendly? Organic?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha to the both of you. you two like the traditional salsa i'm going to guess. see, when it comes to food, i'm willing to try a variety of things... usually i will put a bounce load of shit in my salsa which would include celery and corn. cumin for an indian flare and umm.... a load of cilantro because it tastes that much better.

misombra... obviously you're talking to the wrong person. i don't use the word crucnked, that's kie.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    You all live in strange places. We have nice, tasty produce pretty close to year-round here, and although we do have our share of crappy tomatoes, we also have tons of non-organic ones that taste like home-grown (they are all sun-ripened, though). I try to grow my own in the summer (if I remember to plant in time).

I'd be worried about the unpasteurized dairy products. They are actually illegal in many states. There are a lot of problems with bacterial infections associated with unpasteurized milk and other dairy products. That shit can kill you, depending on your baseline health.

Also, I don't think there are any health benefits to free range eggs. People like to buy free range primarily for humane reasons, but as I understand it, the free range chickens are no happier than the caged ones because they have to spend their lives defending themselves against all the rest of those mean-tempered birds who will happily peck each other to death.
    Ditto. We have the Okanagan here, I just buy produce from our local farmers market. Not b/c I care about 'organic' vs non but b/c it just tastes better. We also grow veggies in our garden each year (tons of lettuce).

I have bought organic milk & notice a difference there. Whatever the larger dairies do, its different from Bessie-the-Cow milk.

The yolks of chickens who are free range are more yellow & natural looking to me. Taste the same fried up tho.

Squirrley, tell your husband to stop being retarded about the unpasturized stuff, he's gonna get sick. Vash already said why. Cavemen didn't cook their food either, once upon a time. Doesn't mean its good for them, some advancements make sense.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I totally agree with you on the milk thing. It disgusts me honestly. EWW, I dont care how good he thinks it is, there are just some things I wont eat or drink, raw milk is one of those.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's a phase.

He'll get over it.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrley View Post
    I totally agree with you on the milk thing. It disgusts me honestly. EWW, I dont care how good he thinks it is, there are just some things I wont eat or drink, raw milk is one of those.
    what about raw eggs?? bland and slimy, just the way that i like um.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Tedel Guest
    I dunno.. I am just proud of Peruvian food. Tasty nah... delicious nah... delightful nah... There's just no word for it.

Some stuff is more worth spending the money on for organic than others. I think organic strawberries are worth the money, all berries, actually, and so is organic chicken, but for some stuff it's not such a big deal, like with potatoes.

I hardly ever eat beef. Ever. It's so...wasteful. Not a sustainable product.

And I agree that you should ditch the clown. You know, Ronald McDonald.
    Spammer Spanker

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I went to an organic food type place once to buy somethig. The people there were pretentious intellectual posers with too much money and a do-good attitude

I heard that everyone in Berkeley does yoga so they'll be limber enough to smell their own farts.
    Spammer Spanker

You definetly find a different sort of people in Whole Foods vs Publix or Sweetbay. Most people have come out of working out or like yoga.

Ronald McDonald use to be in our rotation once a week, now were lucky if he's in there once a month.

I know everyone has to have heard about the largest beef recall in US History this week? OMFG, that just disgusted me. Our red meat intake over the last month has dropped to like twice a month and after that newsflash...I still dont know if I'll give it up completely, but we have several places here in town where they get their cows from local farmers. Might have to shop there once in awhile.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I went to an organic food type place once to buy somethig. The people there were pretentious intellectual posers with too much money and a do-good attitude
    The B'mers outside Bread & Circus were enough to scare me away too. Star Market works just fine, thanks.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

bleach? hmm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123