+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insomnia

anachronistic Guest

Insomnia

So the problem still exists. I think one of the factors is my noisy, dumbass roommate. Last night I actually got to bed around midnight, but I didn't fall asleep until my jackass roommate did, at 2:30. I was half asleep, on and off. He was talking on his phone to some girl, not taking into consideration that I have to get up at 7 in the morning every day. He talks pretty loud too, by the way. He turned on the TV once, and then started playing music on his computer. Not the good kind, either. And then ofcourse, when he finally did go to bed, every time his iPod screen flashed on, I was further exacerbated, since the asswipe can't just make a playlist.

I made a room change request a month ago, but the University Housing staff obviously just sit in their little cubicles with their thumbs up their asses.

I am seriously about to go by some sleeping pills and overdose on them. I feel like I need a nightcap to get me through the night.

Oh, and let's not forget that he takes a big ****ing nap all afternoon, every day, when I want to be in the room doing stuff with the lights on and shit.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 22-02-08 at 02:44 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Threaten to blow up the school if they don't move you.

That'll get their attention.

Or better, get in a fight with him.

Shout, yell, bang, so that it routinely disturbs others in your hall. They'll probably back you up if only to shut you both up.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Threaten to blow up the school if they don't move you.

That'll get their attention.

Or better, get in a fight with him.

Shout, yell, bang, so that it routinely disturbs others in your hall. They'll probably back you up if only to shut you both up.
    Ahh thanks for a good laugh

The thing is, we've already fought, and that was my excuse for moving. But no, they're taking their sweet old time in their big luxurious offices.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Stage a fight in their offices.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Stage a fight in their offices.
    Tempting. My loving roomie will not follow through with that. I think he is content with things the way they are, and that would just be inconvenient for him.

I emailed the University about it a week ago, and they threw a bunch of excuses at me.

Take a crap in his bed. They'll probably give you your own room after that.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Lol, then I would have to smell it and he would rub it in my sheets or soething!

I took his toothbrush and scrubbed a toilet with it, after he went and pissed all over the bathroom. I wiped my feet on his bed after walking around outside, too. I thought about bare-assing his pillow, but that's crossing a line, you know.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Prepare a NyQuil cocktail

anachronistic Guest
    finally... got... 5 page paper... done!....

now... i must prepare... for my german test.... and math test.... that i will take tomorrow....

damnit.

this will require the rest of my 2 liter of coke.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LW, this is serious. One of my friends had this problem w/her dormmate (until we all went in on a house together). Here's what worked for her:

1. Buy those foam earplugs from the drugstore (a 4/6 pack). The sort rated for about 30+ db. They look like little foam cylinders. Just roll them up & shove them in your ears when you go to bed. They are inexpensive & really work. I use them when I fly & want to sleep. You can turn your alarm up really loud this way & piss of your roomate.

2. Get something to cover your eyes. You can buy inexpensive eye covers that will work & block out any light. The drugstore or WalMart will have this.

Only resort to NyQuil if you must; only a couple nights to get your groove back. If you do what I said, you should be able to get some sleep. Your roomate is a prick, btw. But that isn't helping you sleep/study. Try what I suggest.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    LW, this is serious. One of my friends had this problem w/her dormmate (until we all went in on a house together). Here's what worked for her:

1. Buy those foam earplugs from the drugstore (a 4/6 pack). The sort rated for about 30+ db. They look like little foam cylinders. Just roll them up & shove them in your ears when you go to bed. They are inexpensive & really work. I use them when I fly & want to sleep. You can turn your alarm up really loud this way & piss of your roomate.

2. Get something to cover your eyes. You can buy inexpensive eye covers that will work & block out any light. The drugstore or WalMart will have this.

Only resort to NyQuil if you must; only a couple nights to get your groove back. If you do what I said, you should be able to get some sleep. Your roomate is a prick, btw. But that isn't helping you sleep/study. Try what I suggest.
    I'll try the earplugs over the weekend or something to see if they work. I've been afraid to try them during the week when I can't risk going to class.

Yeah, I know my roommate is a prick. He does all kinds of irritating things that bother me, I wonder if he notices or if he's really that arrogant. His shit takes up 3/4 of the room, and he opens my drawer on the desk (on the bottom) and uses it as a footstool, so I took all my stuff out of there because I don't want any dirt on my valuable items. He is also really dirty. His bed has all kinds of stains on it, his side of the carpet has crumbs and dust and mashed up pieces of godknowswhat in it, clothes laying all over the floor, bottles with chewing tobacco spat in them everywhere, food wrappers shoved under my desk (by him, I eat real food) Sometimes he uses my bed as a damn table, putting his dirty underwear and shit on it. Drives me CRAZY. He already turned my alarm clock off twice and didn't wake me up, and I missed 4 classes because of him. The cable is hooked up to his TV under his little nook, so I can't ever watch TV. He unplugs my internet cable so that he can play XBox live (also on his side) Last semester half the garbage under my bed was his stuff, forcing me to jam half my belongings in my closet (I shoved all his shit onto his side at the beginning of this semester. He asked me what a meatcleaver was the other day, he is on academic probation, I can't have any girls in my room because the dillhole has it so freaking messy that it's embarrassing, and when he has girls over, they always sit on my bed, because his half of the room is DISGUSTING! None of my friends come in to visit because they don't like being around him, and nobody on in the hall, not even his friends like hanging out with him. I once found a butter knife pasted to the microwave with peanut-butter. I could go on and on and on, there is so much shit that he does that agitates me, I can't believe I've held off for this long. I am a very clean person (in an OCD way) and it drives me nuts.

Every day I go down to check my mail, crossing my fingers in hopes that my request to move down the hall into the vacant room is granted, but nope, it's been nearly a whole month already, and the University staff just sits there in their little ****ing cubicles with their thumbs up their ass playing solitaire on their shitty Windows XP computers all day long. UGH! I am going to dive off the deep end soon.

Thank god he's not here tonight. He is allegedly getting some 'poontang'. It's probably some fat, buck-toothed girl. Had he been here, I wouldn't have had this wonderful opportunity to finish my homework and study all night long... by the way, I am still awake. Woo!
    Last edited by anachronistic; 22-02-08 at 06:11 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    White noise helps if you can't adjust to earplugs. Maybe a fan, or something.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I once found a butter knife pasted to the microwave with peanut-butter. I could go on and on and on, there is so much shit that he does that agitates me, I can't believe I've held off for this long. I am a very clean person (in an OCD way) and it drives me nuts.
    Do you recall my suggestion to act crazy in the other thread?

This fellow sounds exactly like my first roommate. He would sit at his desk, alternating eating a piece of deli meat with throwing one at some random object in the room. He also liked to shatter apples against the wall (aside from his already extremely messy living condition).

I tried talking with the RA, student services and I tried expressing my disgust with this behavior to my roommate, even to the point of being menacing, but with no results.

One day, however, having just discovered that he couldn't stand the smell of certain pickled products, I snapped.

I went to the store, purchased a tub of such a product and returned to my room, where he was absorbed in an afternoon session of ham toss.

In the doorway, with wide eyes and a twisted grin I announced, "You know, you're right, making this sort of mess is fun!" while twisting the lid off of the tub of sauerkraut.

I upended the tub and began to sling it around the room, sending cascades of stringy, noxious cabbage death on desks, furniture and carpet.

My roommate immediately started gagging and fell to all fours, crawling out of our room to run to the bathroom down the hall. The RA, having also caught whiff of this dorm room apocalypse made us both scrub the room down.

I continued to stare and grin at my roommate during the cleaning process, while he muttered something about, "getting the hell out of here," which he actually never did, though our room was clean and I finally enjoyed the respect of my expectations in the room thereafter.

I don't know if you'll get to the point you'll pull something off like this, lil. I was slightly more wild in my younger days.

However, confrontation or avoidance, I hope you find a solution soon.

~Sphinx
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. ~Faithless, Reverence.

anachronistic Guest
    Hahaha! I was going to take his chew bottles and put it in his wash if he ever washes his clothes.

Awesome story, Sphinx.

Lilwing, if I were you, I'd just spend as little time as possible in that room. You're not going to win a battle against a pig like that. Just refuse to engage, use the earplugs, and hope he gets a girlfriend, as unlikely as that may sound. It won't last forever.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast