+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I want to go out with him, but I don't think my parents will let me...

I want to go out with him, but I don't think my parents will let me...

A year ago, when I was in 8th grade, a new kid moved into my town and I had a few classes with him at school. Towards the end of the year, he started poking me, pulling my hair, etc. I was really nice to him, but I thought he was the most annoying kid ever. Summer came, and I'd talked to him just about every single day on the phone. We would go up to my old elementary school a few times and talk. I found that he was acting a whole lot different than he used to. He wasn't annoying, and we could talk to each other about anything and everything. One day, he came over and my mom met him. She thought he was a nice kid. My mom allowed me to continue hanging out with him, but she didn't tell my dad because he is weird when it comes to me hanging out with guys. This guy and I became very close, and he was so obsessed with me, that he asked me out several times. I turned him down because I was already going out with someone, plus, I didn't want to risk ruining our friendship. One day, I had him come over when my parents weren't home and we made out and other stuff. We were in my garage when my mom came in unexpectedly and didn't think anything of it until she noticed that the zipper to my shorts was undone. She made him go home, and I told her it was my idea for him to come over. She lost trust in me. When school started, I found out that he was going out with a girl that was a year older than him. I became extremely jealous and was very obsessed with him. They eventually broke up, and I would talk to him every once in awhile, but not as much as we used to. He still liked me, but he also liked other girls too, and didn't want to risk wrecking our close friendship by going out with me. One night, he wanted to sneak over so we could hang out, because we hadn't hung out in a long time. Sure enough, my parents caught me and I was told to never do that again. My mom lost more trust in me and wasn't sure if he was a good person for me to be hanging around with. We still continued talking on the phone, and lately, we've been talking a lot more, and I've even gotten one of my newer friends to become friends with him. She's asked him about me, and he really likes me, but she also thinks he likes her because he's asked her a few times if she'd ever consider going out with him, but she doesn't like him like that. She's told him that he needs to ask me out, and he told her he might, be he hasn't. Anyways, I had him meet us at the mall yesterday, and it was awesome. He let me sit on his lap, we were flirting a lot, he kept putting his arms around me, he kept grabbing my butt, and we'd look into each other's eyes a lot and smile at each other. My friends thought it looked like we were going out and they were telling me that I really should go out with him. Last night, I talked to him online and I was going nuts about seeing him. I was crying so much, and couldn't take it anymore. I told him how I really felt. He felt the same way too. My friend asked him online what he would say if I were to ask him out. He told her that he'd say "yes". She thinks that since he's asked me out a lot, that he's waiting for me to ask him out. I really want to go out with him, but I'd rather have him ask me out. If I were to go out with him, I would want my parents to know because I can see us going out for a long time, but I'm afraid if I tell them, they won't let me go out with him. My mom would probably let me, but I know my dad wouldn't. What should I do?
    x.Life.x.Hope.x.Truth.x.Trust.x.Faith.x.Pride.x.Lo ve.x.Lust.x.Pain.x.Hate.x.Lies.x.Guilt.x.Laugh.x.C ry.x.Live.x.Die.x.

.x.Some friends become enemies.x. Some friends become your family.x.Make the best with what you're given.x.This ain't dying.x.This is living.x. ~Good Charlotte

It's really tricky because you obviously want to be with this guy but at the same time you don't want to let you parents down either. It was exactly the same for me and this guy that I like. My dad hated him and said that he wouldn't allow me to see him. I just sat my dad down and said look I'm old enough to make my own decsions, I'll learn by my own mistakes so if I want to see him I will and there's nothing you can do about it. And now my Dad's fine and he like's the guy! I know it might be a different situation for you cause all parents are different.

Sorry I'm not much help!!

My friend talked to him online last night about me and how he should really ask me out. He told her that he was going to, but he was waiting for the right moment to do it. Even if I do go out with him, I'm still afraid of what my parents will think.
    x.Life.x.Hope.x.Truth.x.Trust.x.Faith.x.Pride.x.Lo ve.x.Lust.x.Pain.x.Hate.x.Lies.x.Guilt.x.Laugh.x.C ry.x.Live.x.Die.x.

.x.Some friends become enemies.x. Some friends become your family.x.Make the best with what you're given.x.This ain't dying.x.This is living.x. ~Good Charlotte

Oh, gee.

1) I can't read blue on blue.
    2) Paragraphs are your friends.

lol Icequeen!!!

Anyways, sometimes if you truly like someone so much, you just have to take that chance and that risk.

Eventually your going to start dating and your parents are just going to have to except it eventually. Your parents can't hide you from it forever.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn