+ Follow This Topic

Thread: just need to vent a bit

just need to vent a bit

Hello everyone,

I met a girl just over a month ago. We met through friends, My good friend is married to a good friend of hers. We went out on a date and i thought she was wonderful. Prior to this i have not been in a relationship in over a year and a half, and went on few dates but none caught my interest. This girl definitely caught my interest. She is smart, beautiful, funny and list list goes on... well our second date was great, we went on a double date with the married couple that hooked us up. soon after things began to speed up. We spent valentines night together, this was only after a week and a half of dating. I was really into her and could tell she felt the same. soon after, things really picked up. She made more time in her busy schedule to see me. She made plans to go to a concert which was about a month away. I told her that would be fun. Last week she told me that she wouldnt see much of me on the weekend because she has a huge exam and needed to study for it. I said that was fine maybe we could hang out at night. She told me that she was hanging out with the girls on friday and that she would come to my house on saturday night. I was fine with that.. Well she didnt answer my call on friday night and i had a weird feeling. saturday she calls me and tells me that the night was crazy.. I laugh and asked her about it, i said something to the degree of crazy nights are fun as long as you make it home in the end... She told me she had to stay at a friends house as she was too drunk to drive home. So she came over later that night and spent some time with me. I tried to bring up friday again, since i had some weird feelings about the whole thing. I asked her which friend she stayed with, but tried to avoid telling me.. so she goes off to study on sunday. my friend (the one that set me up with her) calls me and tells me what really happened on friday night. aparently it wasnt a girls night out... her ex boyfriend had some friends in town and all of their friends had planned on hanging out with them on friday. he told me that they were arm and arm all night. I told him that she didnt make it home and now i know she probably went home with her ex! my friend felt bad for setting me up with a girl like that, he said he didnt know she would do that. So sunday night i go over to her house and talk to her about it.. She told me that she did plan a girls night but all of the kids ended up hanging out. then she tells me, yes i was hanging out with my ex all night and, yes i did go to his house. She told me that all of his friends were in town and that everyone went to his house. She also told me that one of her girl friends (who tried to stop her from hanging all over her ex) went to his house also. She promised to me that nothing happened.. I told her that I dont put up with things like that, it has happened to me in the past. I then ask her what she wants out of me, and she says nothing serious... she wants to keep things the way that they are right now. so we talk a little more and soon after i leave to go home. I know that if i were giving a friend advice, i would tell him to get rid of her, that she is trouble. Well, my friend did just that. He couldnt believe that i didnt end it with her on sunday night. he told me that she probably lied to me about them "not doing anything". I have been thinking about it all week and have decided that i am going to end things because i am not the type of person that will be in a non serious/open relationship... it sucks because i really liked and and at first things were going great.. I am a nice guy and she even told me that. I thought that girls want nice guys and to be treated right... This girl is obviously lying to me about not having feelings for her ex. when i asked her how long ago they broke up, she said "a while ago". I'm not asking for any advice, im just venting a bit. I also wonder why, if things were going so great that she decide to ruin it all??

shortly after this message i did end it with the girl. She put up a big fight trying to convince me to stay with her. she told me she would never talk to or see this guy outside of class. she said she was now ready to commit to me. i told her i could not believe anything she was telling me and that i think it would be hard to start a serious relationship with her when i cant trust her. two weeks go by and i see her, everything is ok we talked like friends do. I find out from a friend that she is back with her ex. i felt a little weird about that, but soon realized that it was probably going to happen. I was fine with that, i am talking to a new girl who is very sweet and nice. well i am going to this event this weekend and my friend tells me the girl is also going, so is her boyfriend. i thought i was over this girl, but i feel so weird about this weekend. I lost a little sleep last night over it, im feeling a little depressed. i am going with a group of friends while the girl is going with her roommate and boyfriend. i really hope i dont run into them... i probably will, i think i am just going to ignore her. you guys have any advice on what i could do this weekend, or what i could do so i can stop thinking about her? This new girl i am talking to is great, i just dont feel how i felt when i met the first girl... i think that may have to do with the fact that i still have feelings for the first girl??