+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my back hurts so effing bad.

my back hurts so effing bad.

hi.

so yeah, my back is killing me. i mean, i'm literally on the verge of suicide. i've cried myself to sleep the last 3 nights. i've gone to sleep at 8 at night, not because i'm tired, but because my back will not work anymore.

i think it's making me into an alcoholic as well. i've been drinking quite a bit because i'm in so much pain.

stretching isn't helping. my friend did cupping, didn't help. drugs don't help. alcohol doesn't help either, but it's all i have right now.

i need help.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Did you go to the doctor?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe you need a corticosteroid injection.

And then I will send DM to give you a massage.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

not only have i gone to go to the doctor. i have gone to doctors. ssssssssssss.

not a whole lot of help, they are.

i think this is caused by stress. or my stressed is caused by this. what i need is an anesthesiologist.

do we have any of those in the house right now?

hey vashhhh.

i've been prescribed those cortisone shots several times.

they're so expensive, even with insurance. i maybe could afford it once, but you have to keep those up every few months.

plus i'm afraid of messing up my back more because the pain is gone and i don't know where to draw the line with movement and activity you know?

this sucks right now. i need another pirate remedy.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, but the injection might reduce the inflammation that is stimulating the surrounding nerves.

What is wrong with your back? Is there some reason to believe that if the nerves weren't being irritated, you could damage your back with normal movement?

BTW - doesn't the snowboarding irritate your back?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

vashhhh, snowboarding irritates my back a lot.

BUT the back pain is making me depressed. the slowing down, along with the pain is really messing with my mind. i'm an adventurous soul, a free spirit, and a wild wanderer. but i'm bogged down by physical pain, it's depressing.

i feel like snowboarding, and doing new things that are challenging as such, help the depression, but make the pain worse.

i'm caught in the cycle again. i've felt like this before. i know i'll get out of it. but right now this is the worst i've felt in a long time.

anyway the diagnosis is: degenerative joint loss in low back, somewhat herniated disc in low back, somewhat herniated disc is lumbard.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, you'll be glad to know as you age, the herniated disc problem will become less of an issue as your spine compresses.

I'd think again about the injection, though. My sister had a cervical spine herniation and was hospitalized for a couple of days. She was in absolute agony until she took the injection. She's been pain free ever since, and that was a year and a half ago.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    For 3 weeks my right knee hurt like a bitch. Felt like all the cartilage was gone and was nothing but bone rubbin' on bone.

Eventually, it too, went away.

I wouldn't be surprised if it came back again though.

well instead of wasting money on alcohol..which clearly doesn't help you a hell of a lot..maybe you should save some of that money for the cortisone shots you need. i dunno, just a thought. hope your back gets better..sounds awful!
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OMG Miso, that's horrible I am so sorry. Really, I mean it. I have had back problems (not like yours) but when it happens I just want to die. Anyone who actually touches me during those times risks death.

Are you set up at home properly? I went thru a phase where I was using my laptop sitting on my couch instead of my desk & I figured out that I was semi-reclining, which was screwing w/my back.

Are you exercising? It helps. Also, I've heard pilates can help, esp if there are issues w/your posture?

Google for back pain relief & discuss w/your doc. Do you know why you are having the pain (i.e. have they done tests on you)?

Get better soon. Tylenol 3s help to sleep.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

thanks everyone.

about the shot. the crappy thing is that i don't have insurance right now. i had it at my other job but i didn't make enough money to afford my share.

so yeah, basically the shot is out for right now. until i get insurance again.

i'm STILL paying my copay for the MRI that i had done two years ago.

thanks lovely u.s. healthcare system. thanks a lot.

Mis I feel for you whole heartedly! I have severe back problems too. Not enough somas in the world sometimes. I had 2 disks fused a year ago in my neck, and my last disk is also leaking and need surgery. I had facet joint injections last year, I thought I was going to die from those, but essentially it was a test and they then BURNED my nerves off in my back. After about 6 grand paying out of pocket (even after insurance) it was temporary.

Ive heard cortisone shots help, but also a temp measure. Ive had the cupping done, and that has helped immensely. There wasnt a THING I could do to help relieve my back pain other than seeing the chinese woman. Back surgery is next. Ive found at home, to take warm baths, heating pads and elevating my legs. It takes the pressure of my spine.

Gawd I feel for you sweetie, and I hope you feel better soon. Its why I live on my somas...its the only mental thing that keeps me from putting myself 6 feet under too!

Hang in there honey! Im sure youre well aware of what not to do and how not to aggrivate more. Just keep down, to keep the swelling down. I know how hard that is too.

My prayers are with you Mis!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey squirrley, you DO know those things are addictive, right? I hope you are being careful.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrley View Post
    Mis I feel for you whole heartedly! I have severe back problems too. Not enough somas in the world sometimes. I had 2 disks fused a year ago in my neck, and my last disk is also leaking and need surgery. I had facet joint injections last year, I thought I was going to die from those, but essentially it was a test and they then BURNED my nerves off in my back. After about 6 grand paying out of pocket (even after insurance) it was temporary.

Ive heard cortisone shots help, but also a temp measure. Ive had the cupping done, and that has helped immensely. There wasnt a THING I could do to help relieve my back pain other than seeing the chinese woman. Back surgery is next. Ive found at home, to take warm baths, heating pads and elevating my legs. It takes the pressure of my spine.

Gawd I feel for you sweetie, and I hope you feel better soon. Its why I live on my somas...its the only mental thing that keeps me from putting myself 6 feet under too!

Hang in there honey! Im sure youre well aware of what not to do and how not to aggrivate more. Just keep down, to keep the swelling down. I know how hard that is too.

My prayers are with you Mis!

wow. you're in a worse spot than me girl. i feel for YOU. omg.

i've tried soma's but they don't do anything to me. none of those pills really stops the pain it just makes you high. i can't handle pills. perhaps if they were to actually ease the pain that would be okay.

anyway, i'm starting to think that something is broken or something else is going on. this pain is really bad. i've had really bad back pain before but this is something else. it feels inflamed. like it's on fire.

i'm gonna have my friend practice her acupuncture on me today i think. that usually helps...

i'm really trying to be positive. really really trying.

anyway squirrley, two neck fusions? that is crazy. i hear fusions are incredibly painful.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast