+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I hang around?

Should I hang around?

...the long and short of it is,

dated a girl 2 years ago, broke apart in college, she needed spaced and i realized i wanted space as well, no hard feelings but lost our direct communication. We've seen eachother over the last 2 years through mutual friends and living in the same town...

I've always thought about what we could have had, and still had those feeelings in the back of my mind the whole time. I also figured she felt this way as well and found out this weekend she does. She told me that she had thought of me and really missed me.

The problem is...she still is too afraid to be honest with her own feelings because it scares her, and is avoiding talking to me now.

I know i owe it to myself to just forget about it all...but thats obviously easier said then done. Do I wait until she initiates contact with me (which with my negative outlook i completely decided wasnt happening), or should i try to talk to her.

and if I talk to her how i not come off like im obsessively in love with her, cause im not and i dont want to intrude her space and make her feel threatened like shes been given an ultimatum...but i would appreciate a conversation that allows us to atleast figure out what we want knowing we both still have these feelings

wow..two years and u still have feelings for her. Many people have lost that passionate feeling after two years so she might have too.

What do you mean she is still afraid of showing her true feelings? Do you even know how she feels?

Perhaps a little more detail helps.

i know from mutual friends that i was the best shes had... i know from her that she still thinks im the best guy shes had (from this past weekend)...she said she still thinks of me all the time too

and yeah i mean have had other relationships and stuff in the 2 years and forgottten about her completely, but this information brought them back, and it was completely un expected... i dunno im just giving things time to cool off for now

if she misses you in the bf/gf sort of way then she would initiate this conversation again and SOON. Wait awhile to let her think things over but if she doesn't mention it again, she isn't interested.