+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I messed up

I messed up

I messed up.

Ok, this is a long story. I've liked this girl for quite some time and I want to be with her. I've known her for half an year, I just wanted to get closer... I'll separate this in phases because it would be confusing otherwise.

Phase 1 - Meeting and Initial Contact:

I met her at school, through friends and all the initial nice ambient, when everyone meets everyone without being socially mocked or something. She asked my best friend for contact saying that I was hot and looked like a nice guy. I went to a party which she was invited to so we chatted all night, drank some alcohol and I took her home. She said she loved talking to me and I enjoyed talkignt o her as well as she was actually my type, she was funny and immature... Yeah, I never learn, I know and I don't care right now.

Phase 2 - Second Party, Cell phone

She started messaging me a lot on the cell phone and I answered, even though we have to pay because we use different... I'm missing the word, but you get it, not the same company. I enjoyed talking to her and I made sure I didn't fall into the friend zone. I then went to her cousin's party, who is my friend and we had, again, a good time.

Phase 3 - Talking to her and behaviour

She didn't behave differently when we were in front of other people, so I wasn't sure, but I asked her if she thought our relationship could advance further anyway. She turned red and never answered... I didn't cut contact because I managed to take this girl off my mind easily. Then she got a boyfriend for two months, or something and it didn't actually bother me, he was my friend, anyway.

Phase 4 - Her interest

Now it gets confusing, let me try to write this accordingly. A very good friend of mine is dating a very good friend of hers (typical teenagers, I know) so he told me that the girl (that I liked) was always telling the others that she was interested in me but didn't know what she could do as she had rejected me before.
    At the same time, she started messaging me again, but I didn't take it seriously before my friend had told me that she fancied me. Anyway, she continued not to approach me in school, unless to say hi or something and I tried to invite her for the movies but she ended up telling me that she'd prefer to go to my house and watch one or something alike.
    This is where I really mess up, because instead of waiting, I just told her that I liked her but against all logic she told me that she wasnt't ready to date me. (wtf, I know).

Phase 5 - Right now

So, her good friend (the one who's dating my friend) has been talking to me about her and how there was some weird stuff that she couldn't tell me about and that the girl (I like) was being stupid. Anyway, I don't get it and I've let time pass a bit (about 2 weeks) to let her think but I don't know what I should do right now.
    Holidays are starting and I could invite her to go out or something, but if I do so she will get my objective right away. Also, I need to build some confort first so I was thinking of sending her a few messages and phoning the next day saying that I'm bored and that we could go out or something.

What's your opinion, fellow much more experienced (read 60 years old - ok I'm just joking ; ) ) members? I'm really confused on why she likes me but doesn't want to/isn't emotionally enabled to date me... If you could clear that up, it would be great but I don't think this has any rational explanation.

Thanks for reading this far,
    okapa.

there are limiteless reasons why she might not be ready to date you. Why don't you ask her? Also, building comfort is a very good idea.

Whatever, that doesn't matter right now, I'm going to ask her out or somthing, after I get home this holiday...

It's a pity I have to build confort through the phone but whatever...

I'm going to school now, if you have any other good ideas or opinions please most...

I would suggest that if she rejects you again, then it isn't worth the trouble. Give it a good last go but really the ball should be in her court, not yours.

She is very shy and I don't really care so...