+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im back, knew I would be

Im back, knew I would be

Well it's been a long while since I posted.

My girlfriend of 5 years at the time and I got back together.

Everything was perfect, happy, loving and it was amazing.

Flew her to Maui for 14 days, porposed to her on the beach during the sunset with the waves crashing in.

She SAID YES!

I was so excited. Well just over a month ago she called the wedding off (we had our venue, party favors, dresses etc.) and broke up with me saying she can never love me how I need to be loved (excuse).

Well today I finally went and got the engagement ring back and gave her the last of her things, including a very sentimental item (her favorite blanket she gave me over 5 years ago).

I am having a rough rough time, but i'm trying to man up and hold my head high as hard as it is.

Question... I have the ability to buy a new house in Arizona (i'm in utah) and wanted to know what people thought about me cruising down there and going to University of Arizona instead of the U of U....

Do you think this would help my recovery and help me move on. I can't do this vicious cycle anymore (it's happened to many times).

Help a bleeding heart,

Giga, you should remember me

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sorry you are going through a rough time.

I can tell you the University of Arizona is a nice campus, and the monsoon season has the most interesting storms. The nearby desert is the most beautiful in the country.

Sometimes a change of location can help to kick-start a new life.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    whoa maui.... i live about 20 mintues from there via airplane.

however, f*ck it, buy the house and forget about the past. that's what i would do.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey raverboy - my kid likes Illinois in the middle of winter better than Hawaii. he says the weather is crap there (way too humid) and the people in Illinois are more friendly.

Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    we do have humid weather, but i guess that i'm used to it. during the summer, here in hawaii, it's very hot.

raverboy

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When I went to Hawaii, it was November, and the weather was perfect. I can't take the humidity. It makes my hair frizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I was so excited. Well just over a month ago she called the wedding off (we had our venue, party favors, dresses etc.) and broke up with me saying she can never love me how I need to be loved (excuse).
    I'm sorry to hear about this tragedy. It was a very vague excuse she gave you. If I were you I'd be demanding a lot more than that, you deserve a proper explanation.

I wouldn't rush into making sudden big decisions like acquiring new property at this stage. I'd recommend to surround yourself with people and pick up some physical activity that can keep your mind focused.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    When I went to Hawaii, it was November, and the weather was perfect. I can't take the humidity. It makes my hair frizzy.
    yeah, usually by november it should already be cool. however, with all this global warming, it's only getting warmer and warmer. i'm going to have to move soon into a cooler environment.

raverboy

Hi Tommy,

Of course I remember you.

Whether or not you buy a house in AZ is a big question. What's the market like there, and what's it projected to be for the next five years? I don't think it would be a mistake to get out of Dodge for a while, but not if you're going to end up eating it on a bad investment.

I'm a big fan of the fresh start, especially when everything you see reminds you of her and you see the pity in everyone's eyes when you go to the grocery store.

The word "jilted" is a pretty appropriate one, isn't it? It sounds abrupt and unpleasant.

I hope you're more careful next time, Tommy, but I also hope there will BE a next time. Don't let this crappy experience ruin your optimism.
    Spammer Spanker

So since I got the ring back I haven't talked to her, that was on saturday.

I have talked to her since Feb 7 probably 5-6 times?

Well she had keys to my house and came and put them into the mailbox. Then called me but I didn't have my phone with me. She called again a couple minutes later and left a msg telling me they were there.

Well today I head outa the house to hit the gym and my garage door opener is sitting on the doorstep. I'm like wtf, where did that come from? I figured maybe she dropped it off.

Well I head to the gym and bust my ass, get home and check my cell phone for missed calls as there is not really a point to take it with me anywhere anymore.

She had called and left a nother msg, saying she left it on the porch for me.... Ends it with a very abrupt, "talk to you later".

I was tempted to text her back and say sorry for missing her call and thanks (i guess trying to keep her in my life or something), but then again I didn't. Jilted is the right word and you could say my attitude is changing from hurt to pissed.

How could she be so callous after such a long period of time? How could she tell me she loves me one day, and then refuse to even see me face to face, and end it with "talk to ya later". This is a trait of many woman i have seen where they just turn cold. Is it her just trying to hide her emotions and just move on?

Bleh this is a shitty time of life, I have good moments but I have some very bad ones to.

P.S. since saturday she has called me 4 times.... if she wants me outa her life why tf does she keep calling me? Leave me alone if you want me gone damnit!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    P.S. since saturday she has called me 4 times.... if she wants me outa her life why tf does she keep calling me? Leave me alone if you want me gone damnit!
    I hope you told her this. ^

She is just trying to ease her guilty conscience by maintaining contact. Cut her loose, my friend.

::sigh:: I remember this one all too well.

You got back with her. Tsk Tsk Tsk. Let me just ask this, is the ring you proposed to her with this time the same ring as last time or did you go buy a different one?

I've gone back and re-read all your old posts and from the sounds of things your girlfriend certainly seems to like your financial situation but can't get past the fact that she isn't "in love" with you. She wants to be "in love" with you because she wants your money. That would be the whole package--love and money, but she can't quite get past that "love" bit. That, and I'm sure (like she had stated before) that she does love you but isn't "in love" with you.

Will you please please please get this woman out of your life before she drives you so completely insane that you jump from a building? Please.

She calls you because you have been together for so long that she honestly does not know what life without you is like. Force feed her that knowlege, Tommy. Buy the house in Arizona and get the f**k out of Dodge! You do not need to be letting her own you this way.

My heart goes out to you man. This is a rough one.
    There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

is that university in phoenix or in flagstaff?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by ExpoNovak View Post
    ::sigh:: I remember this one all too well.

You got back with her. Tsk Tsk Tsk. Let me just ask this, is the ring you proposed to her with this time the same ring as last time or did you go buy a different one?

I've gone back and re-read all your old posts and from the sounds of things your girlfriend certainly seems to like your financial situation but can't get past the fact that she isn't "in love" with you. She wants to be "in love" with you because she wants your money. That would be the whole package--love and money, but she can't quite get past that "love" bit. That, and I'm sure (like she had stated before) that she does love you but isn't "in love" with you.

Will you please please please get this woman out of your life before she drives you so completely insane that you jump from a building? Please.

She calls you because you have been together for so long that she honestly does not know what life without you is like. Force feed her that knowlege, Tommy. Buy the house in Arizona and get the f**k out of Dodge! You do not need to be letting her own you this way.

My heart goes out to you man. This is a rough one.
    I got her off of my credit card tody and pulled her as joint on my account as well..... This is a hard thing to do, but i'm going to try my best and move on.

Everything happens for a reason, and I tell myself this on a daily basis. In the end I will be better for the experience, and hopefully find someone who loves me as much as I love them...

I dream about her alot though, and it doesn't seem to help. I dream of her with other guys, and me running into them... makes me feel really sick and depressed.... Damn REM sleep....

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    is that university in phoenix or in flagstaff?
    Tucson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast