+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ahhh decoding my date!?

ahhh decoding my date!?

ok so i had my beach date with the guy i like yesterday and hte word to describe it was...awkward. he picked me up from my class n we drove to a beach 30 mins away. in the beginnin it was fun but then it just got really awkward...he wasnt sitting really close to me so i felt like he didnt like me. we were both really quiet and fidgety a lot of the time. our convos started to get really random (i think 90% of the time we talked about the dogs on the beach). whenever i attempted to flirt or anything (like touch his arm or shoulder) he wud clam up and look down. he cudnt make eye contact a lot. i felt bad cuz i was so busy tihnkin a lot about how nervous i was that i was really quiet too. then...oh god...when he was dropped me back off to my car, he parked next to it, got out of the car, and "walked" me to my car door to give me a hug. i attempted to give him a kiss on the cheek but totally missed and got his neck. i felt so embarrassed i kinda giggled and went back to my car and then it ended. omg does he not like me anymore? we had been txtin everyday and talking more and i was really starting to believe he liked me.

first you have figure out if he really like you that way (romatically).I mean...I text and talk to my best guyfriend everyday and it doesn't mean I think of him that way. By the way, how long have you been friends?

If he show signs that he is indeed attracted to you then he might just be inexperienced and was nervous.

ive actually known him for years but its like since january weve been talking more and getting to know each other better. were both really inexperienced and shy

Quote Originally Posted by confuzzled12 View Post
    (i think 90% of the time we talked about the dogs on the beach).
    That must be "fun"...

Quote Originally Posted by confuzzled12 View Post
    i attempted to give him a kiss on the cheek but totally missed and got his neck.
    Double the "fun"!!!

I think you should relax, maybe he wants it slow. Don't push him too hard, or he might think you a slut!
    It’s hard to find someone whom u truly love, much less to find someone who loves u as much.
    When the chance comes, don't ever let go.

Who asked who out? If he asked you out, I doubt he was 'uninterested', he was prob just as nervou as you are!! Also, are you both aware that this was a date? I think it's better to go for a meal or something, at least when there's nothing to say, you'll be eating!

It was kind of mutual. I said that "oh we shud beach it one day" and then he got all excited about it. like he had canceled cuz he had a trip to go to but then he txted me and was like "my trip got canceled...now we can go to the beach!" But like, we werent calling it a date to each other. I was calling it a date cuz my friends were calling it a date but i never said the word "date" to him. In the beginning of the "date" when we were sitting down, he was like "oh im sorry if this isnt the type of beach u were hoping for. maybe next time we cud go to [another beach]." its funny tho cuz we both packed blankets and food and stuff so im not sure what the initial vibe was. when i opened up my blanket and sat down on it, he was kinda stiff and standing there like he was nervous to sit by me (its not a huge blanket) and he kept changing positions while sitting, so i dont know....im thinking either hes really nervous and shy or he just maybe doesnt see me that way? (even tho all my friends say he does just by how differently he acts around me compared to how he is with his friends)

i vote for really nervous. and i bet he knows it was a date. cummon, you don't "go to the beach" with someone of the opposite sex you hardly know and not be a date. if it was a friendly gathering there would be other people there and you wouoldn't be kissing either. you're both just nervous, don't stop talking to him, and you'll become more comfortable with each other.

i bet he was just nervous, like he didn't want to act or say anything that was dumb.
    Last edited by KeeJay; 11-03-08 at 11:31 AM.

Sounds interested to me. He was probably just nervous. Him saying maybe next time you could go to another beach was throwing in there being a next time, which is positive. It's just most likely in the awkward stage now since you both have known each other for a while as friends, and it's not always a smooth transition into being more than friends. Especially if he's interested and he might not be sure you have that kind of interest in him, because he wouldn't want to screw up the friendship by doing something too bold.

I vote for he's nervous and shy. Next time go to a movie so there won't be a lot of awkward pauses...

or you can beach with me ^^

next time, go for a movie, dinner, then only to beach. After that see any nice motel nearby... j/k
    It’s hard to find someone whom u truly love, much less to find someone who loves u as much.
    When the chance comes, don't ever let go.