+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spousal Violence

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    For example, one of my exs (Biting retard) was a fan of inflicting pain on others (But not when it was done to her). She would hit or bite people for no reason, but don't you dare do something back to her. What do you do with them when it happens?
    LOL, "Biting Retard"...
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

if a guy were to hit me, he'd better kill me or leave me otherwise incapacitated. because if not, i would definitely kill him.

well maybe i wouldn't kill him. but i would fight back and i fight dirty.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think I could only kill someone if they threatened my kid. Otherwise I'd just leave.

Tho I'd probably do something mean first, like tape a turd or a rotting fish to the back side of his desk drawer at work.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    is spousal abuse a common thing in india??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I guess it once a guy has the habit of violence, I think he will repeat it... it only take that trigger to start it...

It in their genes perhaps.

Violence something lead to even more dire consequences....

spousal abuse is very common in India....those man are simply....

I heard in the middle east, that one of the lady was gang raped..and when she filed charges...she was punished and sentenced ...Reasons?

Because she wore too less and tempted the guys...

Those rapist get away scot free...

What was the standing of women there?...
    Last edited by walahaha; 11-03-08 at 11:38 AM.
    Laughter is the way to life, of life and life.

lovebirds.sg

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    if a guy were to hit me, he'd better kill me or leave me otherwise incapacitated. because if not, i would definitely kill him.

There's only one time in my life where I got physical with an other guy.. and it really goes against everything i've learned growing up with Kaze Arashi Ryu, because you're not allowed to fight unless you're in danger.. fighting out of rage or anger is shameful, disgraceful, and wrong.. You're not there to learn how to hurt other people, only to protect yourself.. So it's something i'm deeply ashamed about till this day..

But, the guy deserved it.. He hit one of my very good female friends, repeatedly; leaving marks over her face and causing her bottom lip to swell.. Reason? No reason really from what I can remember, something about how she didn't trust him because of his friends, and started to ask him why he would never pick up his phone, etc.. And he couldn't take it anymore, and hit her repeatedly to shut her up..

Hitting your partner, and this goes for both genders, is the end of the relationship.. period.. And forget the physical damage and pain inflicted.. The worst damage and pain caused is really the emotional aspect of hitting, because of what it means to hit, how it feels like to have that person you feel you can trust, you feel safe and secure with, you feel protected with, you are in love with, you would die for.. you feel total respect for and connection to.. just raise his/her hand to hit you.. It takes all of that away.. in an instant.. and it's very painful.. emotionally.. to be suddenly stripped of those feelings.. to have them completely disrespected and dishonored at that instant.. there's no explaining it in words, there's just feeling it.. And I didn't even feel it directly, I just felt it through my friend's eyes, voice, and face.. I can't really even begin to imagine how much more painful and powerful that feeling would be if it were felt directly..

Guys who hit women, personally make me feel ashamed on behalf of men, but also make my blood boil; which is not at all an easy thing to do..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

You a martial arts expert?
    Laughter is the way to life, of life and life.

lovebirds.sg

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post

Lol I remember saying something along those lines to my ex when he raised a hand to hit me.

I said "If you hit me, you better knock me the f*ck out and run, because if you don't, I will make you sorry you were born."

He stopped right there. I said it mostly to scare him. Truth is, all I'd have to do is call my Dad. He'd take care of everything.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by walahaha View Post
    He's never answered this directly. I'm also curious b/c if its in what he says, I know someone who is REALLY well connected in that small niche.

What dan are you, Grk?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by walahaha View Post
    Nope, not at all..

It's not the Kung fu stuff you see on TV.. there are absolutely no punches and kicks.. I shouldn't say (none), there are some, but not for the purpose you'd think..

It's one of the oldest forms of aikijujutsu, from which branched out modern-day Aikido & the more popular, Judo

I guess you can "call" it a martial art, even though you won't find competitions for Kaze Arashi Ryu or any school of the aikijujutsu family; unlike Aikido & Judo (especially Judo, which is very popular)..

Karate, Kung fu, and Tae-Kwon Do are your classic martial arts, when people talk about martial arts, they have some form of those three in mind..

But aikijujutsu is largely defensive; it relies on a system of counter-attacks, which means that it relies on the fact that you are under attack.. i'm not going to get into the system, but it's understood, that whatever you acquire, is to be used in only those kinds of situations.. You don't go there to learn how to hurt other people, that's not at all the point..

So, what I did was a monumental violation of everything I had learned.. and even though he deserved what he got, and more, my rage and anger got the best of me at that moment.. something that's never supposed to happen..

I think women should take Kaze Arashi Ryu, or something similar in the aikijujutsu family, and break his wrist if he ever tries to lay a hand on you; then walk out and leave, nobody deserves to live life that way and be trapped in that kind of relationship (even though you really can't call it a relationship after that point)

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    He's never answered this directly.
    What dan are you, Grk?
    LOL.. ye of little faith.. (check the gallery soon)

This is exactly what I mean, there's no dan-system..

My brother who's taken Tae Kwon Do is under the Dan system, which refers to "black belts" and the degree of mastery

In Kaze Arashi Ryu, and I would imagine in other schools of aikijujutsu and even Aikido, there's no dan system

I stopped at Menkyo due to college, where the highest rank is Menkyo Kaiden.. You can think of the Menkyo Kaiden rank as perhaps a 9th or 10th dan.. although it has less to do with "time" (as does the dan system with the amount of years required to advance) and more to so with the level of understanding you have of the system, and the trust the instructor (Menkyo Kaiden) has invested in you to pass on information to you..

Which is why it's so shameful.. but I guess I can try and justify it by the fact that she couldn't defend herself at that moment, and it would have happened again, so her bf needed to have it made clear to him that this wasn't to happen again (because she was too love-stoned to leave him despite after what he did, she actually came in the way to stop the whole thing; can you imagine! She didn't want to see the person that hit her, being hit, that's how much she loved him, and that's how he treated her! Can anyone else imagine how painful that must be, emotionally, to have so much love for someone and for that person to treat you like that?)

Anyway.. I can't post again on this thread.. it's really emotional for me, and i'm not even a woman that this has happened to.. I have no idea how you've posted so many times bluesummer.. but since you're not closer and I can't see you in person, i'll leave you off with an <<e-hug>>

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    In Kaze Arashi Ryu, and I would imagine in other schools of aikijujutsu and even Aikido, there's no dan system.

I stopped at Menkyo due to college, where the highest rank is Menkyo Kaiden.. You can think of the Menkyo Kaiden rank as perhaps a 9th or 10th dan..
    Why do you say this stuff Scorp? I don't understand your motivation in making this stuff up. Anyone who has trained in martial arts for a while knows that at 23 years old, you would not have a 9th or 10th dan, lol, not even if you started training from birth. Not in any traditional martial art. You might barely have shodan or maybe nidan if you've been training diligently, but that's it.

For those interested: In traditional Japanese martial arts, 'kyu's' are basic training levels. White & brown belts. The numbers go down as your experience increases. Once you achieve shodan, then you start training up & receiving 'dan' levels.

Aikido, which originated from aikijujistu, most certainly has dans. You're just flat out wrong on this, GS.

You are right about it being very suitable for women, tho.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is why I love boxing so much. You know what my old coach told me about fighting? He said if you ever get into a fight hit the ****er in the face open-fisted or go for body blows. Otherwise you'll break your hand and then you're no ****ing use to me.
    Last edited by Gribble; 12-03-08 at 02:07 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Why do you say this stuff Scorp?
    First of all, congrats, I hope you're happy, you brought me back to writing on this thread.. even though I think I made it quite clear how disturbing this thread is for me emotionally..

Secondly, feel free to google or wiki it, or get a book or something on aikijujutsu.. it doesn't go under the dan system.. but i'm sure you've already looked it up, but just wanted to drag me back to this thread.. very mature, I must say.. I thought we were past this cats and dogs phase Indi.. anyway..

Third, Menkyo and Menkyo Kaiden are two different ranks, (Menkyo Kaiden is the highest, and equivalent to 9th or 10th dan that other systems use; although the issue of "time" as I mentioned the first time, is not a component of the rankings)

With the dan system, from white to black, you have to go through 1st kyu, 2nd kyu, etc.. Then when you're at black, you go from 1st dan, typically 1 year later, you're allowed to progress to 2nd dan, from where after 2 years later you'll be allowed to progress to 3rd.. and it's all a scheme to take your money.. Not the case with KAR, there's no predetermined time limitation imposed.. and it's not some plot to take your money..

In Kaze Arashi Ryu, you don't even have belts.. the only thing that seperates the Menkyo Kaiden from the rest of the students is that the Menkyo Kaiden wears black both top and bottom, while students typically wear white on top, and black on the bottom.. the degree of understanding and techniques passed down to a student, determine one's ranking, not amount of time or money spent..

Now again, I don't doubt that you know someone who is trained under some dan-system; and who can't begin to understand why someone would sign up to something that doesn't offer competitions, and trophies, and constant progressions that are just a device to suck you in and take your money.. But let his 10th dan come up against a Menkyo Kaiden, in a country whose laws are very lax, and let's count the seconds before there's a last man standing..

Better yet, spend your time and money on such systems, and tell me how well they work out for you when you're being mugged or when someone's about to hurt you.. What are you going to do? Punch and kick the stronger, faster, armed guy? Didn't think so.. Now, break his joints, and leave him immobilized, and then maybe it's time and money well spent.. Breaking the fingers, wrist, elbow, knee, or ankle are the easiest ways to immobolize someone.. and it would shock most people and make them feel extremely fragile to know just how easily these parts of the body can break.. (I can almost already hear a comment comming on about the "balls")

Now, honestly, ask your friend to look up and find out something about the menkyo system, and how it's different from the dan system.. and please don't bring me back on this thread again.. seriously..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Now, honestly, ask your friend to look up and find out something about the menkyo system, and how it's different from the dan system.. and please don't bring me back on this thread again.. seriously..
    What difference does it make what thread it is? It's not like you will stay on topic anyway.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast