+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he still have feelings for me?

Does he still have feelings for me?

Sorry people this is quite long but i am completely lost.

My ex broke up with me about six weeks ago, I didn't think we'd speak again. There seemed to be no reason for the breakup other than that he was under alot of stress at the time and couldnt handle us anyway we exchanged stuff and then he deleted me from his phone, his facebook, his email everything. And then I heard nothing.

A few days ago I ran into him at the supermarket and he was really friendly and chatty and seemed geniunely surprised and pleased to see me and said we'll catch up later yeah?
    That night we chatted on MSN (he had strangely unblocked me) for an hour and there was some mild flirting. He said he had hoped I would call after seeing him and felt a bit down that i hadn't contacted him, and then mentioned that he had been wondering alot recently how I was doing. He kept asking what i had been up to, how work was and saying how good it felt to speak again and how pleasantly surprised he was to see me that day. Near the end of the conversation he admitted he met a girl a few weeks ago, he didnt give me any details. I did the dignified thing and said I was pleased for him- in fact I was heartbroken...again
    When he went offline he said, its felt really good to catch up, lets do it again text me, I'm sorry I deleted your number and I'd love to have it again.

A couple of days later I text him, and we arranged to have lunch together at mine at the end of the week. I made sure I looked my understated best and then sorted a simple lunch to eat. He kept telling me the food was really good even though it was just soup. He was genuinely interested in what was going on in my life and kept saying I looked really good.

When it was time to go he stood in the kitchen door looking at me....he said can we have a hug?
    I wasnt sure if it wass appropriate given his circumstances, to which he replied its not against the law, we should share a hug, I'd like to. He gave me this big lingering hug, squeezing and running his hands across my back which i broke off, he slid his hand down my arm and held my hand locking fingers and then looked into my eyes for a long time and smiled awkwardly. It didnt feel like a friend hug it went on too long. He looked sad to leave, and thanked me for lunch and said it was "really really really nice, thanks, thanks for lunch, enjoy your trip, thanks"
    He text me as soon as he got back to work to say thanks again for the lunch, it was a real pleasant change :-)

Does he just want to be friends or does he still have feelings for me and am I reading too much into this because I want him back?
    Last edited by carmenrose; 15-03-08 at 09:45 PM.

he just miss the sex...
    It’s hard to find someone whom u truly love, much less to find someone who loves u as much.
    When the chance comes, don't ever let go.

Alright, same (similar) situation in the reverse to me.

He wants to be friends, and is being overfriendly to show you that he WANTS to be friends, and doesn't want an air of awkwardness.

I suggest to EVERYONE reading this. After making a long post, put a "tl;dr" (too long;didn't read) section, that summarizes it in like, a sentence, two max.

"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."
    - Plato