+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally got one in the sack... so there's hope!

anachronistic Guest

Finally got one in the sack... so there's hope!

Well I finally found a girl who seems interested in me! I am not sure if I am going to date this one (okay, my instincts are kindof pointing in the 'hell no' direction). Well I was having a before-class conversation with this one, and I thought it was a good idea to add her on facebook. She added me and sent me a fairly flirty one-liner by private message. So before I responded, I took a good look at her profile to figure out what kind of girl she is.

Strike one, she has a boyfriend, but that is the smallest concern of mine thus far. I also noticed that she is a freshman premed student; so she is probably very studious, although she can't speak German very well. Strike two, I also notice that she is not fond of alcohol, and I like to drink, but not heavy. Lol, I will probably just tell her how it is if she asks; she seems to have the same mindset about alcohol as did I before my senior year in high school; very prohibitious about alcohol. The further and further I scroll down the page, I notice more and more icons of christianity; the kind that are very pompous. In her 'about me', the first thing she says is something like "First of all I would just like to clarify that I accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior!" And since I have a different worldview, I think that this might be a big issue. I am accepting of other people's religions if they are to mine; all I am saying is that I hope I don't have to talk about Jesus every time I talk to her, and that she doesn't try to force her beliefs down my throat. Strike three? Maybe?

Now, with that being said, we've messaged back and forth via facebook, and she added me on AIM. I think I am going to get on tonight and do a little talking. Before I do, though, maybe I can get some advice on how to handle these kinds of personality... attributes? I don't know what to call them.
    Last edited by anachronistic; 19-03-08 at 08:05 AM.

Don't date her, don't show interest in her, don't lead her on. She's in a relationship and is incompatible with you. Just chat as a friend. See if she has any hot friends you can go for.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

She was nice, sent a flirting line and she's interested? Sorry mate, but I'm not so sure as you are.

Not saying it's impossible, it looks good so far, but it won't be easy. If you like her, go for it, if not just take the previous advice and confront her as a friend so you don't get hurt.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    "I finally got one in the sack"

^^ I took this to mean you had SEX with someone.

Anyway, you don't sound very compatible. I wouldn't force it, if I were you. Why bother? She's not even available.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Don't date her, don't show interest in her, don't lead her on. She's in a relationship and is incompatible with you. Just chat as a friend. See if she has any hot friends you can go for.
    Yep, this was how I was thinking. We'll see how the conversation goes when we chat on AIM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post

Anyway, you don't sound very compatible. I wouldn't force it, if I were you. Why bother? She's not even available.
    I kind of used that deliberately with a different meaning. Just to grab attention

By the way, I just got on facebook on on my home page it lists updates of my friends' profiles, and it said [girl's name] is no longer listed as in a relationship. Peculiar. Haha, maybe if I get sucked in as a rebound, maybe I can **** the christian right outta her.

I'm not one to mess with other people's relationships. Especially after being cheated on by my ex...it sucks.

She's got a bf, that should be enough for you to know to back off. And you're clearly not very compatible with her. You know the answer to your question.

anachronistic Guest
    Well, it's been an interesting night. Not really sure what happened with her boyfriend, but she is single. It doesn't seem like the relationship was anything special, she only mentioned him once. I would say that they are still friends, but just friends, based on what she said.

She didn't mention Jesus at all, to my amazement. I was sitting at the edge of my seat the whole time, just waiting for her to unleash the holy beams of Jesus on my ass; but not once. She did say she was an 'angel' though, meaning that she is a goodie-two shoes. I'm not really sure as to what kind of things she is good about, but it's not really any of my business (at this point in time) I didn't say anything about myself on the subject, and she didn't ask. She didn't ask about my religion, either.

The conversation actually went really.... well. It went well. I think I flinched for no reason. It's just that her profile was a little intimidating. Maybe she is a little bit more open-minded than I thought. A thought to consider. Indeed. I need to be careful with whatever I do, though. I am not going to end up in another shitty predicament with another ridiculous woman. But I don't want to judge a book by its cover, you know?

I thought it was kind of cute because i told her that i am stealing my neighbors' internet because she wasn't receiving my messages, and she said that it was probably her because she is stealing her neighbors' internet too. tell you something?
    Last edited by anachronistic; 19-03-08 at 12:22 PM.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Trust me, someone that writes on their facebook page that they 'accept Jesus as their personal lord and saviour' is pretty serious about it. Doesn't mean she'll bring it up in convo anytime soon, but be well aware that her beliefs are probably a big part of her life. By telling you she is an 'angel', she is probably just testing out your reaction to her basically telling you she is a clean living, moral person and wanting to see if your thinking falls in line with hers. While you're thinking about knocking the Christian out of her, she's probably wondering how to convert you. Christians are really big on that conversion shit. It's like they get special brownie points in heaven for bringing along a few buddies.

I dated this guy when I was 19.....he was good looking, personable, and seemingly a lot of fun. We went to a couple of clubs together, had some drinks, made out all over the place. After a couple weeks all of a sudden he starts asking me what my relationship is with Jesus. I'm like..."Huh?" Then he whips a bible out of his back pack and starts reading scripture to me. Turns out he's the son of a minister and a hard core 'born again' Christian. Totally had me fooled. Tried his damndest to convert me. I dumped his deceitful, manipulative ass (nicely).

So, if you're not digging the whole religion/goody-two-shoes thing, I suggest you move on. Honestly, this interest you have in her seems sort of forced. Like you want to like her just because she likes you, even if you're really not compatible. Come on lilwing, there's a ton of girls out there. I don't think this one is your best match.....you don't even seem convinced of it yourself.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Trust me, someone that writes on their facebook page that they 'accept Jesus as their personal lord and saviour' is pretty serious about it. Doesn't mean she'll bring it up in convo anytime soon, but be well aware that her beliefs are probably a big part of her life. By telling you she is an 'angel', she is probably just testing out your reaction to her basically telling you she is a clean living, moral person and wanting to see if your thinking falls in line with hers. While you're thinking about knocking the Christian out of her, she's probably wondering how to convert you. Christians are really big on that conversion shit. It's like they get special brownie points in heaven for bringing along a few buddies.

I dated this guy when I was 19.....he was good looking, personable, and seemingly a lot of fun. We went to a couple of clubs together, had some drinks, made out all over the place. After a couple weeks all of a sudden he starts asking me what my relationship is with Jesus. I'm like..."Huh?" Then he whips a bible out of his back pack and starts reading scripture to me. Turns out he's the son of a minister and a hard core 'born again' Christian. Totally had me fooled. Tried his damndest to convert me. I dumped his deceitful, manipulative ass (nicely).

So, if you're not digging the whole religion/goody-two-shoes thing, I suggest you move on. Honestly, this interest you have in her seems sort of forced. Like you want to like her just because she likes you, even if you're really not compatible. Come on lilwing, there's a ton of girls out there. I don't think this one is your best match.....you don't even seem convinced of it yourself.
    I know, I know, I am just seeing how it goes though; no expectations. The religion/goody two shoes doesn't bother me a bit. I'm just hoping she's not the type that judges or tries to force her beliefs down my throat.

Wing, college is for having a crazy time with loose women, staying up all night drinking, pulling all-nighters during finals week, going on road trips, eating Top Ramen because you're as broke as you're ever going to be, and throwing your dirty socks all over the place.

It's for learning things you never even imagined about every subject you encounter and for falling madly in love with the wrong person.

College is NOT for trying to shove a square peg into a round hole, and there is simply no room for "angels" in your life right now.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Then maybe I will invite her over to my place the night we all come back to finish off that bottle of Stoli's I've got.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Now that's more like it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    I kind of used that deliberately with a different meaning. Just to grab attention
    lol, well it worked

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    College is NOT for trying to shove a square peg into a round hole, and there is simply no room for "angels" in your life right now.
    This almost sounds like you are suggesting lilwing has a rectangular dick

anachronistic Guest
    rectangular dick? aww hell naw! go suck a bag of dicks!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post

same here, i thought you got laid, only then did i browse your thread just to be let down by the truth.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast