+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TRYING to lose weight

Models are disgustingly thin. Thick girls are the only way to go.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i can't possibly imagine dedicating my entire life to being skinny. i mean watching everything that you eat and worst of all, giving up drinking. damn. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I'm too much of a foodie to give up too much in ways of food. Being half italian doesn't help me out either.
    Heit ist mein taug.

.. thats your good half Zekk!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

I agree completely. My other half is french. Not to say french are bad but sometimes they can be a little ****in french.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Italian/Irish here. Though you'd never know I had a drop of Irish in me to look at me.

Height weight chart? HA..what a joke. I'm chronically obese at 5'10 and 200 pounds. It's a shame that's at 8% bodyfat with highly visible abs.

If you actually READ the Atkins diet, the 'protein and fat' phase is during the INDUCTION phase of the diet ONLY. After a few weeks, you do begin to add healthy, low glycemic, carbs back into the diet. The media and ignorance (usually synonymous) has turned it into the 'unhealthy fat and protein' diet.

While I agree with Zekk for the most part (its a combination of carbs, fat, and calories that count) carbs become the enemy because of the way your bodies blood sugar and insulin react to the ingestion of carbohydrates. Carbs = elevated blood sugar = insulin release from the pancreas. The body is physiologically incapable of burning fat for fuel in a state of elevated insulin levels. So, a calorie is NOT a calorie when we're talking about carbs with a high glycemic index. For example, person A eats 2000 calories a day of doughnuts and ice cream, person B east the same 2000 calories in lean meat, healthy fats, and low glycemic, natural, unprocessed carbs. Person A's fat 'loss' and person B's fat loss will NOT be equal (all other things being equal). This is due to the insulin effect, and the way the body processes the high glycemic carbohydrates.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

ok ..so are you an advocate of the Atkins diet or no? I have been doing it for awhile.. but I think i need to go thru induction again because I gained like 5 pounds and I m bummed..
    Should I stick to it or try something else?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

I am a HUGE advocate of the Atkins diet. I think this country had an unhealthy addicted to processed carbohydrates. The avoidance of these processed carbs is largely what Atkins preaches. Also, the knowledge that fat is NOT the enemy. Healthy fats have some HUGE health benefits.

Most people, especially non-athletes, do not NEED a quarter of the carbohydrates they ingest to maintain their activity levels, which is what carbohydrates are FOR, energy. If you're not expending the energy, you don't need the fuel. The body is made up of PROTEIN and FATS, NOT carbohydrates.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

damn.. good point.. Yeah I like it .. I feel better when I am on it. I have a TON more energy too.

cool.. glad to know i am not on a fad diet.
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

I don't think Models are disgustinly thin personally.. I wouldn't mind bein' thin like that... I would love it..
    Last edited by KaWaiiSkYe; 15-04-04 at 07:41 AM.

I just want Janet Jacksons abs...

thats where Iron is gonna help me out!!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Originally posted by KaWaiiSkYe
    I don't think Models are disgustinly thin personally.. I wouldn't mind bein' thin like that... I would love it..
    That's cool if that's how you'd like to be but blech. Thin girls = no fun. I don't want to date skeletor.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Mine is I can't STAND thin girls. Like REALLY thin girls. I need a girl with hips and breasts. I want the hourglass figure. Not the popsicle stick figure.

Hmm...trust me, being excessively skinny is not that glorious - actually I'm pretty much normal except for a tad too skinny for my height (5'7, 105 pounds). Everytime I take a BMI test it tells to consult a doctor...immediately! lol

It's really problematic to find a shirt that fits - I have to get XS - always! Sometimes I even have to buy shirts from Abercrombie kids section (talk about embarrassing). Everytime I try to buy jeans, I should always look for the smallest size, but "long". I hate it when pants are not long enough to cover the heel as well. Anyway, my point is it's not as attractive as it looks that's why I work out to grow some muscle tissue.

PS - Atkins and similar may cause infertility in women and mess with your metabolism in the long run. Additionally no-carb diets cause very stinky breath after awhile (it takes three days to digest one steak, imagine all that excessive protein decaying in your stomach, causing bad breath, per se). What's more, only carbs like vegetables and fruits can provide proper nutrition, that is beauty (nice hair, nails, skin) and health (kidneys, liver, intestines, which suffer from Atkins diet).

The best way to maintain proper weight is to eat well-balanced nutritious food rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Vitamins are good, but are useless if taken without natural vitamins as well (which are again, in fruits and vegetables). Lightly salted salmon works wonders too (and I love it!) Olive iol helps break down saturated (the "bad") fats. Oh and lemon helps digest food (especially meat - so go ahead and squeeze lemon over steak, salad, vitually anything. Oh and one more thing, do NOT eat fruit at least half an hour before OR after a meal - mixed with food, fruits decay in the stomach, as it cannot secrete enough juices to digest fruits AND food.
    I have it all. Including kino.

[i]Additionally no-carb diets cause very stinky breath after awhile (it takes three days to digest one steak, imagine all that excessive protein decaying in your stomach, causing bad breath, per se). ............

Oh and one more thing, do NOT eat fruit at least half an hour before OR after a meal - mixed with food, fruits decay in the stomach, as it cannot secrete enough juices to digest fruits AND food. [/B]
    well yes, one of my friends tries atkins, his breath was sooo bad.

and this is the first time i hear no mixed food w/ fruits. how come? as now for dinner, i only eat a small meal then eat fruit in order to get full and more fiber. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast